Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #376
ranier1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1 View Post
Bell is snow capped, pretty sure its unpassable
GA Jeepers went up there today. I didn't hear how many made it up or how many hiked but they were there. I'm not apposed to driving to the trail head and hiking the rest of the way. It will be cool either way.

ranier1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #377
ranier1315

Quote:
If anyone comes up this way, depending on what trail yall wanna see ill show yall but, now it looks like there is kinda chaps late at night, the day before. My # is 8285573565. If no one shows up and one of yall do, i can show whoever shows up, trey or bell or wherever, im in Hiwassee, w the trails are so anyone shows up this way, ill show whatever. FYI ill have my 2 yo child so i won't do anything to jeopardize her, so im stayin at the bottom of bell lol.
Several of us are meeting in helen. We will be doing a ride that we have done before. It is basically up the rocky side of Tray and then go from there. Were not sure where we'll end up. It will be a game time decision. LOL I will keep your number. If you want to head up and ride with we will probably be hitting Tray around 10:00. We will be on CB channel 7 if you want to link up somewhere on the mountain.
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #378
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranier1315 View Post

GA Jeepers went up there today. I didn't hear how many made it up or how many hiked but they were there. I'm not apposed to driving to the trail head and hiking the rest of the way. It will be cool either way.
Agreed a bud that was headin to outta town towards claton say a bunch if jeeps and knew thats where they were headed. Yea i have a cb, but not connected, never found a use. Not familiar with this rocky side of trey, i know of 3 ways to the top. One on the way outta helen, starts at a campground.
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #379
tyler_t
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranier1315

Several of us are meeting in helen. We will be doing a ride that we have done before. It is basically up the rocky side of Tray and then go from there. Were not sure where we'll end up. It will be a game time decision. LOL I will keep your number. If you want to head up and ride with we will probably be hitting Tray around 10:00. We will be on CB channel 7 if you want to link up somewhere on the mountain.
Which side are you going in on? I'm used to going through uncoi!
Built Not Bought #682
tyler_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #380
ranier1315

Quote:
Agreed a bud that was headin to outta town towards claton say a bunch if jeeps and knew thats where they were headed. Yea i have a cb, but not connected, never found a use. Not familiar with this rocky side of trey, i know of 3 ways to the top. One on the way outta helen, starts at a campground.
Yeah that's the way I think. We drive past Unicoi state park then turn left at the Church. I think you are actually on Chimney Mountain road for the first few miles then you turn left on Trey. You take that to the top and turn R and go past the copper mine? I think that's what was there. It's the big blasted out rock area where everyone likes to camp. You follow that all the way back to 17. Then you can either go back in to helen or go right to hiawasse and Bell. There's nothing real challenging in Chimney but just some ruts and awesome views. (I know not impressive for someone who lives there but for those of us that don't.....)
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #381
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranier1315 View Post
Yeah that's the way I think. We drive past Unicoi state park then turn left at the Church. I think you are actually on Chimney Mountain road for the first few miles then you turn left on Trey. You take that to the top and turn R and go past the copper mine? I think that's what was there. It's the big blasted out rock area where everyone likes to camp. You follow that all the way back to 17. Then you can either go back in to helen or go right to hiawasse and Bell. There's nothing real challenging in Chimney but just some ruts and awesome views. (I know not impressive for someone who lives there but for those of us that don't.....)
I dont know of this to be honest i might show up
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #382
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

We're out this time. Something came up with the wife and I need to get a starter on one of my cars.

Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)
goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #383
tyler_t
1996 ZJ 

Come on guys! There's three of us right now, we would love to have a few more.
Built Not Bought #682
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:24 AM   #384
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t View Post
Ill meet yall guys on the trail, ill be near the top!!
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #385
tyler_t
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1

Ill meet yall guys on the trail, ill be near the top!!
Which way are you coming in?
Built Not Bought #682
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:34 AM   #386
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Hiwassee side, it be like a 30 mile trip to where tall start from to savr time im just headin up that way. Im in a red cj.
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #387
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t View Post
Hey man I tried, I posted all over lol. We will definitely be getting more active with rides. Looking forward to the trip report.

Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)
goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #388
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

how was the ride??
darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #389
ranier1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
how was the ride??
Would it make you feel better if we said it sucked? LOL.

We had fun. Bruce from Gatrailriders lost his hose for his hydro assist ram and had to do some trail repairs so he had to cut the day short and the trail to the top of Bell was tore up and un-passable for the rigs that were on the ride. There were several jeeps at the top but they were all on 37's and wide wheels (which helped on the V ditch.) It was good to meet Tyler. We will definitely have to do it again sometime.
Unread 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #390
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Good to meet the guys, and actually show em another way through trey. Yea bell was impassable without an open checkbook rig, lockers and 37 and god knows what else. But my 2 yo child had a blast. Cant wait fer the next 1

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.