Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #331
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome. Thanks! So I could do Tray, and then hit the road back at the end of that?

How intense is Tray? I'm up for a good trail ride, but I can't afford to go breaking stuff right now. I just don't have time to fix it.

UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #332
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Tray is literally 2wd jeep territory, its mostly just a slow go ride, with wilderness covered mtn top all the way up and down. I know a couple of routed through there, the way i know has some real 4x4 testy mudholes that arw fun, but it seems no one likes em holes.
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #333
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Great to know. Thanks again!

I really, really hope I can make this happen. I need to get under the Jeep and install my BPEs so I can flip my shocks before I wheel (I did my SYE not too long ago, and my shocks are hitting the spring perches), but I think I can do that tonight. If so, it's just a matter of convincing the wife that we should drive to Helen Sunday after spending the day Saturday driving around Atlanta trying to find a new place to live. Wish me luck!
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #334
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

Man this is getting confusing, five pages of semi-tech followed by two pages of ever expanding trip lol. I was going to see if I could get a few people to join in on bell mtn. Somebody want to start a new thread specifically for this Sunday morning ride?

Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)
goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #335
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Haha, na sunday is only days away, i still don't know whats goin on and it was me darknight and tyler_t goin to bell. No idea how tray or rabun got in there. Tray is closest to bell, but id like to see this rabun place myself. Id skip tray myself. I only got 13 gallon gas tank dont wanna waste on tray. Look up a video of tray on YouTube then bell mtn. 2 different conditions. Ones a ride ones a 4x4 trail. To be honest.
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #336
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

Lolol yea im more for bell and maybe checking rabun...
darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #337
tyler_t
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideracdc1
Haha, na sunday is only days away, i still don't know whats goin on and it was me darknight and tyler_t goin to bell. No idea how tray or rabun got in there. Tray is closest to bell, but id like to see this rabun place myself. Id skip tray myself. I only got 13 gallon gas tank dont wanna waste on tray. Look up a video of tray on YouTube then bell mtn. 2 different conditions. Ones a ride ones a 4x4 trail. To be honest.
To be honest I really wanted to do trey maybe bell if I can get my tow hooks installed. I don't really care about the other places for now. I've got half a tank and no money to get more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet
Lolol yea im more for bell and maybe checking rabun...
I really need to see a video of Bell. I've heard the ruts there are as tall as me and I'm 6'2".
Built Not Bought #682
tyler_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #338
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

So helmet are you guys interested in a few more people tagging along or should I try to plan a different ride if we end up going somewhere Sunday?

Unread 03-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #339
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t View Post

To be honest I really wanted to do trey maybe bell if I can get my tow hooks installed. I don't really care about the other places for now. I've got half a tank and no money to get more.

I really need to see a video of Bell. I've heard the ruts there are as tall as me and I'm 6'2".
Yea big ruts but not that big, but u dont wanna fall in one, to say the least. Hey if anyone has a built rig and wants REAL RUTS. Im talkin 5-6 miles of em just like bell but more, we call it the watershed, id show anyone come spring, whenever its not rainin. Fyi bell is about 3/4 mile to the top from the turnaround. The site at the top aleays makes it wrth it tho.
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #340
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldknight View Post
So helmet are you guys interested in a few more people tagging along or should I try to plan a different ride if we end up going somewhere Sunday?
I wouldn't mind, yes it is confusing, lol, i think we took over this thread tho. Us the huddle house idea still on?
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #341
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

Huddle House sounds fine with me. Depending on how he comes up from Alpharetta we would probably catch up at 53 & 400 in Dawsonville ans ride up to whatever the meeting place is.

Unread 03-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #342
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Yea im comin outta Hiwassee, i pass bell and tray to get to helen, id meet at a mutual point depending on what trails we gonna hit.
Unread 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #343
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

Larry, anyone who wants to go is more than welcome!!

Was nice meeting you the other night!

We can def meet at the gas station at corner of 53 and 400...
Unread 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #344
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
Larry, anyone who wants to go is more than welcome!!

Was nice meeting you the other night!

We can def meet at the gas station at corner of 53 and 400...
Same here we enjoyed it, sorry I already forgot your name so you are now middle guy and/or helmet.

Unread 03-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #345
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

Lol!! its all good!!

Chris

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.