Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Sheep Wallow RD, and Nimblewill Gap Rd. Dahlonega GA

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Reply
Unread 01-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #151
dahlonegawj
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t

Which way did you come in?
I came in from nimblewill church road and went out through amicalola. Ill probably be back out there today in the grand.

__________________
2002 WJ Limited 4.7 V8
245/65/17 Falken Rocky Mountians
Quadradrive and a CB
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #152
tyler_t
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dahlonega, Georgia
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlonegawj

I came in from nimblewill church road and went out through amicalola. Ill probably be back out there today in the grand.
How much longer would it have been if we would have kept going to Nimberwill church?
__________________
Built Not Bought #682
tyler_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #153
dahlonegawj
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t

How much longer would it have been if we would have kept going to Nimberwill church?
Instead of going left up that road you saw me on you go right and its about 10-15 min of crawling down then a right at the crash site then about 30min back to paved roads. If you go left at the crash site you go down old bucktown road, but I've never been that way.
__________________
2002 WJ Limited 4.7 V8
245/65/17 Falken Rocky Mountians
Quadradrive and a CB
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #154
tyler_t
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dahlonega, Georgia
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlonegawj

Instead of going left up that road you saw me on you go right and its about 10-15 min of crawling down then a right at the crash site then about 30min back to paved roads. If you go left at the crash site you go down old bucktown road, but I've never been that way.
Nice, after we got to the top we came back down and went to the right and ran through the mud hole. But then we had to come back fast because my oil pump went out! :thumbsdown:
__________________
Built Not Bought #682
tyler_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #155
dahlonegawj
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler_t

Nice, after we got to the top we came back down and went to the right and ran through the mud hole. But then we had to come back fast because my oil pump went out! :thumbsdown:
How deep was it? I've never been through that mud hole.
__________________
2002 WJ Limited 4.7 V8
245/65/17 Falken Rocky Mountians
Quadradrive and a CB
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #156
tyler_t
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dahlonega, Georgia
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlonegawj

How deep was it? I've never been through that mud hole.
It wasn't deep at al,l the floor is rocky. My buddy crawled in 4lo and I just blasted through it in 4hi. Lol.
__________________
Built Not Bought #682
tyler_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #157
blakes143
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 220
I was looking online today and found a map of the Dawson Forest WMA. There are trails labeled as 'Jeep Trails' in the map. Just wondering if anyone has ever been there and if so how was it or is it still open?
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #158
TJ_Virgin
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bethlehem, Georgia
Posts: 256
Post a link a share the find.
TJ_Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #159
blakes143
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 220
http://www.georgiaoutdoors.com/hunti...alolaTract.pdf
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #160
dahlonegawj
Registered User
2002 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Johns Creek, Georgia
Posts: 132
Ill ask dr grand about those. He lives about 10 min from there and is in Dawson forest all the time.
__________________
2002 WJ Limited 4.7 V8
245/65/17 Falken Rocky Mountians
Quadradrive and a CB
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #161
blakes143
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 220
Alright cool. Let me know
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #162
SilverbackWK
Member
 
SilverbackWK's Avatar
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 163
First timer

Hi all. Just got a new 2013 Jeep GC Altitude last weekend, and looking to get it a little dirty.

It's 100% stock, with those OEM 20" wheels and tires. No recovery options. Might swing by 4WheelParts and get me some tow hooks at a minimum.

Think this area is passable for me? Might go Sunday, if the wife allows.
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #163
ranier1315
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Holly Springs, Georgia
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrought
Hi all. Just got a new 2013 Jeep GC Altitude last weekend, and looking to get it a little dirty.

It's 100% stock, with those OEM 20" wheels and tires. No recovery options. Might swing by 4WheelParts and get me some tow hooks at a minimum.

Think this area is passable for me? Might go Sunday, if the wife allows.
I would wait a little while. That place is a hot mess right now. Give it about four days to dry out and you should be fine. I would take a trail buddy if you go. Faint be too safe.
ranier1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #164
blakes143
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrought
Hi all. Just got a new 2013 Jeep GC Altitude last weekend, and looking to get it a little dirty.

It's 100% stock, with those OEM 20" wheels and tires. No recovery options. Might swing by 4WheelParts and get me some tow hooks at a minimum.

Think this area is passable for me? Might go Sunday, if the wife allows.
Good to hear there is someone actually using a new jeep for what it's made for around here. Tired of seeing new lifted and stock jeeps that will never even see mud or even dirt. High five lol
blakes143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #165
SilverbackWK
Member
 
SilverbackWK's Avatar
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Acworth, GA
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes143 View Post
Good to hear there is someone actually using a new jeep for what it's made for around here. Tired of seeing new lifted and stock jeeps that will never even see mud or even dirt. High five lol
Amen my brother.

Back in 97, I bought a new TJ. That day, I drove it out to the San Diego desert and ran it along some cactus'. Scratched the he!! out of it.

Never worried about scratching or dinging it after that!

Don't think I'm going to do that with this ride, but, it's a Jeep, right!?! And I own it. It's gonna get dirty!!!
SilverbackWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.