Save Durhamtown Ride Feb. 25th - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Save Durhamtown Ride Feb. 25th

We still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 01-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #1
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Save Durhamtown Ride Feb. 25th

I am reposting some quotes from pirate4x4 on the "Save Durhamtown Ride" trying to encourage as many wheelers to come out and support the park on the 25th of Feb.

"I want to see what the viability is for a "Save Durhamtown Ride" February 25th. No banners or anything else needed, just a LOT of trucks showing up to show Mike that we are serious about keeping our places to wheel. Thoughts?"

"Mike the owner is frustrated at losing money on the truck park. He would just open it up to all atvs and dirtbikes. So while you are trying to crawl a technical section, a kid on a dirtbike would be buzzing around you. Also, he would not put any more money into cutting more trails or cultivating the ones already there.

If Mike sees support from the Truck world, then he will support us and cater to what we want...it just that simple.

There are a lot of crawlers that have never been to D Town and should check it out."

"Some people think Durhamtown is flat...Durhamtown is not flat, has plenty of large rock, and the truck section is only open to trucks and side by sides....for now. You have to come ride to see what it is really like. I have been there many times. They have a couple of rock climbs on boulder ridge that will challenge any buggy.

Come out Feb 25th and find out for yourself!"

These are some of the quotes from the other fourm. Mike, the owner, is talking like this is going to be the make it or break it year. He's talking about just letting the trails be open to all atv's motercycles ect. to help generate revenue. For us in the wheeling world, we need to charish our riding spots because they are far few inbetween. So please, if you can, make a trip out on the 25th of Feb. So lets show our support to Mike and let him know that we need places to ride. If we support him he will support us.

scuba5904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I thought they made a dedicated park section for 4x4's. I also thought they added onto it recently. Are they already in financial trouble?

The only section of the new part I climbed was Slippery Nipple. The other park section was still a work in progress. Unfortunately I didn't get ride most of the new 4x4 section because they had an ATV/Quad race the same weekend my former wheeling club went.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They did, but Mike has been dissapointed with the turn out of the truck section. His ATV and motorcycle buisness holds it's own but the time and effort he has to put into maintaining the truck section there hasn't been the turnout to recoupe the finances. That is why this year he is still going to leave it open to just strickly trucks, jeep etc. and if the turn out over the next year is not up to par then he will open the trail up to all types (atv's motorcycles jeeps trucks etc.)
Unread 01-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Can you actually go there and wheel without getting covered in all that red mud?
HARLEYX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well I'm not sure, I haven't been since all the new trails have been completed, I know that the first one that was open had alot of mud involved in it. From what I have been told the new trails are more rocky and involve more technical terrain, not the muddy bottoms like on the first trails.
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba5904 View Post
Well I'm not sure, I haven't been since all the new trails have been completed, I know that the first one that was open had alot of mud involved in it. From what I have been told the new trails are more rocky and involve more technical terrain, not the muddy bottoms like on the first trails.
This is correct. The original 4x4 section was a bunch of red mud which, and I'll be honest, turned me off to their park. Then I found out they had a new 4x4 section with rocks that I didn't get to try out because it was only open for a short window the weekend I was there due to a quad race they had going on. Though that part of the park seemed a lot better (I was able to sneak a peak), I wasn't thrilled that my former club went there and advertised the new section and it was only open for one afternoon. The whole trip was kind of a bust but it was close and local.

I might try it out again but I'll definitely make sure there are no quad/dirt bike events.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

There is a Dirt bike event the weekend of the 25th, but it is a supercross event and will not impact the 4x4 section. Mike, the owner, is aware of what some of the guys are trying to do over on pirate4x4. He knows there will be alot of jeep, buggies, trucks etc. coming in that weekend for a big ride, so all the 4x4 trails will be open for the whole weekend. Come on out and lets tear some things up, (hopefully rocks not Rigs). Mitchell Co. Jeepers will be there in full support, come join us.
Unread 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba5904 View Post
There is a Dirt bike event the weekend of the 25th, but it is a supercross event and will not impact the 4x4 section. Mike, the owner, is aware of what some of the guys are trying to do over on pirate4x4. He knows there will be alot of jeep, buggies, trucks etc. coming in that weekend for a big ride, so all the 4x4 trails will be open for the whole weekend. Come on out and lets tear some things up, (hopefully rocks not Rigs). Mitchell Co. Jeepers will be there in full support, come join us.
I might try to make the event but I doubt any of my buddies would be able to go, the guys I usually ride with. I usually go with at least one other buddy in case things get nasty. If they can't go I'm probably out plus I need a new windshield and exhaust. If the taxes come in on time that might be doable.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
stretchj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there but will leave to get back in time for supercross. I'll try to bring some local jeepers with me.
1997 TJ 4.0L AX15 231 HP30 F8.8 - NEW PROJECT
stretchj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just bumping this back up, Durhamtown next weekend Feb. 25th!!!!! Come on guys, lets see how many jeeps we can round up to show support. Mitchell County Jeepers will be there in full force. Hope to see many of you guys out there...
Unread 02-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Post up some pics when yall get back. i am looking to go up there for a family vaca and do some riding in sept. id like to know how yall like it. thanks

in memory of Jimmy Smith - a wise man
Gido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #12
chopperkid2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

dtown

If I can find a sitter I will be there. Crossing my fingers.
chopperkid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Well? How was it?

Unread 02-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
scuba5904
2000 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mit...41271229281939

Mitchell County Jeepers had a blast, We will definetly be going back, I posted the link to our facebook jeeper page, its public, go check it out, we have posted 200 pics so far, more pics and videos coming tonight, go check it out and also "like" our page as well. Great weekend, can't wait till the next.
Unread 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
Gido
1980 CJ7 

Looks like a blast! I'm gonna try and get reservations this week for sept. Definitely! Thanks for posting pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.