Saturday July 7th @ Dawsonville - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Saturday July 7th @ Dawsonville

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Saturday July 7th @ Dawsonville

I am planning a trail ride Saturday July 7th. The trails are rather interesting and of coarse there are bypasses to everything! If you are interested in attending post up and meet us at the Dawsonville movie theatre @ 11am!

Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

If I was not going to be in Tennessee getting my redneck on, I would be here to get my redneck on
Unread 06-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Dang, whats in TN?
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
MichaelCeleste
2010 JK Wrangler 

How intense will the trek be? I have a '98 TJ, stock with 31" tires. No winch, no tow hooks [ have the stock bumpers which I've read can't handle them ]. This is my first 4x4 vehicle and I've only ever been up Tray Mountain - which was tame - but fun.

Don't want to get in over my head but want to see how things really work on outtings.
MichaelCeleste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCeleste View Post
How intense will the trek be? I have a '98 TJ, stock with 31" tires. No winch, no tow hooks [ have the stock bumpers which I've read can't handle them ]. This is my first 4x4 vehicle and I've only ever been up Tray Mountain - which was tame - but fun.

Don't want to get in over my head but want to see how things really work on outtings.

Everything has bypasses and I took my wife's 2wd Trail Blazer all the way to the river this past winter, so you will be perfectly fine!
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
MichaelCeleste
2010 JK Wrangler 

So what's the plan for the 7th? How many folks have you heard from and where abouts will we be riding? I think I'm completely open that day - but if you ask my wife - I'm usually wrong!
Unread 06-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I have 3 local buddies that want to come, Saturday at 11am we are meeting at Dawsonvile Movie Theatre and will be hitting the trails behind my house. If you look at any of my latest pictures they are from this area...

Unread 06-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
MichaelCeleste
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm pretty much bone stock, so as long as I won't be getting stuck and ruining everyone's day - count me in. I'm out in Powder Springs - so I'll do my best to be punctual. I'll try not to ask "Am I going to make that?" too often!
Unread 06-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You will be just fine, my son will be onboard so just follow me! Everything has bypasses aswell
Unread 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man, I would really, really love to do this. I haven't wheeled in a long time, and I've been wanting to do a trail ride to get back into it. Unfortunately, I already have plans to go kayaking with a bunch of friends.

Hopefully, I can make the next one.
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I try to get a ride together every other weekend, so wanna come out the next time? Same meetup location/time.
Unread 07-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Man, I read that post and thought, "hell yeah, I'll be there."

Then I realized that weekend is already filled with plans I can't reschedule. D'oh!

I definitely want to get out for a ride soon, though.
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #13
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun View Post
Dang, whats in TN?
Aetna Mountain ride
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
bad_andy24
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Got room for me and my YJ? Just got it put back together so there may be a few kinks to work out! I'm from Cumming live in Sandy Springs now. U guys wheelin the Hooche, Chestatee or the Etowah?
bad_andy24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #15
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I will be holding rides every other weekend all are welcome! Not wheeling any rivers, a large creek runs through my neighbors land.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.