relocating to north georgia in about a week - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > relocating to north georgia in about a week

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM   #31
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
again, your knowledge is appreciated.

is there anything out here i should beware of? whether it be things like overly hazardous trails or issues with law enforcement?
Don't bother going up 93B. Maybe go down but up is a bit gnarly. As far as law enforcement is concerned, be sure to pay the measly $5 for the park itself. It's run by the US Forest Service and sometimes the Ranger comes by. But hell I may even put a little extra in because I don't want to see it close down.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

yeah... i have heard of 93b..... (mostly from threads you post in lol) what is the exact nature of that particular difficulty? i'd be a liar if i said that the notoriety was a deterrent to me wanting to take it.

i mean.... once i see it, i'm sure my common sense will kick in, and i'll find an alternate path. but now that you said down is easier than up.... my curiosity is at an all-time high.....

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #33
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There are some YouTube videos of it.
Unread 04-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #34
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy72 View Post
There are some YouTube videos of it.
that good, eh?

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #35
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie

that good, eh?
The TJ I saw doing it was enough to make me say I'll never do it unless I can tow my jeep there and have A LOT more work done to it!
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #36
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy72 View Post
The TJ I saw doing it was enough to make me say I'll never do it unless I can tow my jeep there and have A LOT more work done to it!
googled it.... looks rough

Unread 04-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #37
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yeah... i have heard of 93b..... (mostly from threads you post in lol) what is the exact nature of that particular difficulty? i'd be a liar if i said that the notoriety was a deterrent to me wanting to take it.

i mean.... once i see it, i'm sure my common sense will kick in, and i'll find an alternate path. but now that you said down is easier than up.... my curiosity is at an all-time high.....
No sense in not trying it. I give it a shot every time I'm there. It's a lot different from years past. More rutted out and just more challenging. Years ago I bounced up it in 31's locked front and rear. The last time I was there I struggled getting up it locked, geared with 33's. A lot more rock rash also.

I dug up an old pic of me going down it. It was years ago. Now the ground it dug out quite a bit where the stump is and it's really not the same at all. I have more pics at the house of it's current condition.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #38
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Like the OP I'm looking for Jeepers up here in NE GA, so I'm going to bump this thread!

I'm back to daily driving my Jeep and spending time on it after letting it basically sit for a couple of years. I had a ton of stuff going on, and I had a different DD, so I just couldn't give it the time it needed. Now that it's my DD, I'm again obsessed with my Jeep!

I'm in Athens, and I'd be up for some wheeling, especially trail rides or Durhamtown. I've got a couple more things to do to mine before I really wheel it, but I should be good to go soon.

Quote:
i've been around jefferson, commerce, winder and athens.

got my second jeep wave today. i feel accomplished.

if the kind jeeper in the red TJ with a snorkel and a good number of aux lights is reading this, please know you made my day.
If you see a white TJ on 33s in Athens waving at you, it's probably me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Welcome to the great state of Georgia. Even better your in the Northeastern part. That's my stomping grounds. I am from Athens and I frequently went through Jefferson up 129. I live in Griffin now but Athens is always considered home. As far as clubs go I know there is the North Georgia Jeepers (http://www.northgajeepers.com/), Georgia Crawlers out of Atlanta which is the one I'm looking to join, I just need to send my application in (http://georgiacrawlers.com/), Georgia Trail Riders "GATR" (http://www.gatrailriders.com/) who I was briefly associated with but no more, Mid Georgia Offroad (http://midgaoffroad.com/smf/index.php) who I don't know anything about.

When I was living in Athens I frequently went to Beasley Knob in Blairsville to go camp and wheel. I also know Durhamtown Plantation is not far from there either. They do have a 4x4 section now, apparently new and improved. Now I ride all over. My last trip was to Morris Mountain in Delta, AL. There is also Windrock OHV (TN), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Gulches OHV (SC). I really want to try Uhwharrie OHV in NC.
This is awesome information, thanks for sharing!
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGATJ View Post
No problem. Athens is my old stomping grounds. If I see you I'll be sure to wave but you'll be confused because I'll be in a charcoal gray Honda Civic. I don't take the jeep up there too much anymore.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #40
UGATJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No problem. Athens is my old stomping grounds. If I see you I'll be sure to wave but you'll be confused because I'll be in a charcoal gray Honda Civic. I don't take the jeep up there too much anymore.

Well, now I know! If I see you, I'll do my best to remember this conversation in time to wave!
UGATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Like the OP I'm looking for Jeepers up here in NE GA, so I'm going to bump this thread!

I'm back to daily driving my Jeep and spending time on it after letting it basically sit for a couple of years. I had a ton of stuff going on, and I had a different DD, so I just couldn't give it the time it needed. Now that it's my DD, I'm again obsessed with my Jeep!

I'm in Athens, and I'd be up for some wheeling, especially trail rides or Durhamtown. I've got a couple more things to do to mine before I really wheel it, but I should be good to go soon.

If you see a white TJ on 33s in Athens waving at you, it's probably me!

thanks for the bump, good sir and welcome back to your jeep

Quote:
i still find myself waving like an idiot even in other people's cars. maybe with the three of us we can reinvigorate the wave here. i mean... in florida, people can be pretty aloof... but they all waved lol. here it seems the opposite. everyone is really pleasant, but either ignore the wave or don't understand it?

Quote:

Well, now I know! If I see you, I'll do my best to remember this conversation in time to wave!

Unread 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #42
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys, another stupid question:

given the nature of the long winding roads out here, i bought crawley (my jeep) some aux lights i am going to mount to the windshield.

on a scale of 1-10, how much will LEOs care about me using them (obviously i would turn them off when i saw an oncoming car)

Unread 05-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #43
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie
hey guys, another stupid question:

given the nature of the long winding roads out here, i bought crawley (my jeep) some aux lights i am going to mount to the windshield.

on a scale of 1-10, how much will LEOs care about me using them (obviously i would turn them off when i saw an oncoming car)
Granted I live out in a rural area but I've never had a issue with running them. If I see someone coming at any distance I'll turn them off since they point almost directly in someone's face.

What kind did you get? I'm running PIAA 520s and I'm loving them.
Unread 05-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #44
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i got these:

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:13 PM   #45
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Those are nice. I see a lot of people run them. Out in the area your at you'll need them for sure at night. I see deer all the time with mine. I'd never see them with the crappy stock lights.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.