relocating to north georgia in about a week - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > relocating to north georgia in about a week

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

looks really nice, bro. where do you usually get parts? (it's hard to ignore your winch, steering box skid and painted diffs)

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #17
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie
looks really nice, bro. where do you usually get parts? (it's hard to ignore your winch, steering box skid and painted diffs)
Thanks. I've bought a good bit of stuff from 4x4 parts in Norcross. They keep a lot of stuff in stock and then the rest I order.
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I was always told the one with the smallest and/or least modified jeep waves first. Gets me that wrangler owners think they are better than us lowly cherokee guys and won't wave at me but are the first to ask for help on the trail. Of course my one ton XJ on 38s will easily pull out most of the red wranglers on 33-35s I see out riding anyway.
Unread 04-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #19
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjmarc View Post
I was always told the one with the smallest and/or least modified jeep waves first.
what if all the mods are subtle?

i look at it this way, a jeep is a jeep. as a guideline, i will wave at any jeep that has been modded, and any wrangler except for stock, non-rubicon, 4-door JKs.

and i may even still wave at them. (but just shake my fist in the air when they don't wave back)

Unread 04-19-2012, 03:57 AM   #20
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I literally wave at every Jeep I see on the road. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm crazy but owell. Most of the time the Jeeps I get waves back are from modded Jeeps but I do get stock Jeeps too.

I don't care if they are a low ZJ, XJ, CJ, YJ, TJ or any other model Jeep. We all had to start some where.
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #21
CCOR
Vendor
1979 CJ5 

Thanks for stopping by the shop!! It was great to meet you guys!!

Let us know if we can help you with anything (parts or services) or go wheeling

www.classiccityoffroad.com
To order call 855-572-GEAR or 706-207-4140
Randy's Gear Supply
CCOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #22
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the great state of Georgia. Even better your in the Northeastern part. That's my stomping grounds. I am from Athens and I frequently went through Jefferson up 129. I live in Griffin now but Athens is always considered home. As far as clubs go I know there is the North Georgia Jeepers (http://www.northgajeepers.com/), Georgia Crawlers out of Atlanta which is the one I'm looking to join, I just need to send my application in (http://georgiacrawlers.com/), Georgia Trail Riders "GATR" (http://www.gatrailriders.com/) who I was briefly associated with but no more, Mid Georgia Offroad (http://midgaoffroad.com/smf/index.php) who I don't know anything about.

When I was living in Athens I frequently went to Beasley Knob in Blairsville to go camp and wheel. I also know Durhamtown Plantation is not far from there either. They do have a 4x4 section now, apparently new and improved. Now I ride all over. My last trip was to Morris Mountain in Delta, AL. There is also Windrock OHV (TN), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Gulches OHV (SC). I really want to try Uhwharrie OHV in NC.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOR View Post
Thanks for stopping by the shop!! It was great to meet you guys!!

Let us know if we can help you with anything (parts or services) or go wheeling
likewise thanks for being so cool and showing me around. i was just mentioning you guys earlier on the thread in my sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Welcome to the great state of Georgia. Even better your in the Northeastern part. That's my stomping grounds. I am from Athens and I frequently went through Jefferson up 129. I live in Griffin now but Athens is always considered home. As far as clubs go I know there is the North Georgia Jeepers (http://www.northgajeepers.com/), Georgia Crawlers out of Atlanta which is the one I'm looking to join, I just need to send my application in (http://georgiacrawlers.com/), Georgia Trail Riders "GATR" (http://www.gatrailriders.com/) who I was briefly associated with but no more, Mid Georgia Offroad (http://midgaoffroad.com/smf/index.php) who I don't know anything about.

When I was living in Athens I frequently went to Beasley Knob in Blairsville to go camp and wheel. I also know Durhamtown Plantation is not far from there either. They do have a 4x4 section now, apparently new and improved. Now I ride all over. My last trip was to Morris Mountain in Delta, AL. There is also Windrock OHV (TN), Choccolocco Mountain (AL), Gulches OHV (SC). I really want to try Uhwharrie OHV in NC.
i have heard of this beasley knob.... sounds like good times. what's the view like out there?

also, thanks a lot for all the relevant info. i'm not SUPER sure about joining a club, but i may do it. realistically, my jeep is my DD so i'd like to keep it in one piece... that doesn't mean i don't wanna have fun with it though

Unread 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #24
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My Jeep is also my DD so I take it nice and easy! Hahaha my friend just bought a xterra and wants to take it out to Sheep Wallow one of these weekends. I'll shoot you a PM when we plan to go.
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
likewise thanks for being so cool and showing me around. i was just mentioning you guys earlier on the thread in my sig

i have heard of this beasley knob.... sounds like good times. what's the view like out there?

also, thanks a lot for all the relevant info. i'm not SUPER sure about joining a club, but i may do it. realistically, my jeep is my DD so i'd like to keep it in one piece... that doesn't mean i don't wanna have fun with it though
I DD'd mine for about 7 years, 3 of that was wheeling. Went to Beasley quite a bit. If you get the top of I think 93C you have a pretty good view. Here's a link.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...20OHV%20Trails

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #26
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy72 View Post
My Jeep is also my DD so I take it nice and easy! Hahaha my friend just bought a xterra and wants to take it out to Sheep Wallow one of these weekends. I'll shoot you a PM when we plan to go.
dunno where that is, but sounds like a plan!

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I DD'd mine for about 7 years, 3 of that was wheeling. Went to Beasley quite a bit. If you get the top of I think 93C you have a pretty good view. Here's a link.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...20OHV%20Trails

again, your knowledge is appreciated.

is there anything out here i should beware of? whether it be things like overly hazardous trails or issues with law enforcement?

Unread 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #28
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie

dunno where that is, but sounds like a plan!
It's about a hours drive from you but it has some great places to flex on and some good hill climbs.
Unread 04-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #29
NV4500
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie View Post
again, your knowledge is appreciated.

is there anything out here i should beware of? whether it be things like overly hazardous trails or issues with law enforcement?
Welcome to Ga, I'm a Fla transplant myself 17 yrs from Seminole county.
DO THE SPEED LIMIT going down 129 south by B.O Brady's after 6pm. I'm not a cop, i go to Jeep Night every month there and it's always a blue light parade after 6. The " Group" there is not per-say a club but ride's are put together and we always have a great time.
Hope to see ya there

Oh ya, i live off Hamilton Mill and always
NV4500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #30
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

the speed limit out here is like.... perfect for my jeep, so i have no issues with that.

why speed when you enjoy being in what you drive?

i went out to the jeep night out there once... everyone i talked to was really friendly and had nothing but kind things to say about my jeep, which surprised me considering how stock it is at the moment. unfortunately, i showed up just a bit late and most people were eating already. i didn't wanna harass anyone while they were getting their food on, so i went out and froze my face off by the firepit someone brought (it was a great idea!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.