relocating to north georgia in about a week - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > relocating to north georgia in about a week

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-05-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

relocating to north georgia in about a week

hello georgians~

i currently live in florida but i'm relocating in the next week and a half to a spot in Ga known as jefferson. i know they have a local jeep night at the beef o'brady's out there on the first thursday of every month, but sadly my work prohibits me from attending. (they meet at night, and i work at night)

i got to go to the event once and everyone was really welcoming (the ones that weren't eating by the time i got there anyway) and they even had a firepit since it was awfully cold that night.

anyway, i figured this would be a good time to put a feeler out there for anybody who can recommend an offroad club, or knows any trails or possibly may even just wanna go wheeling sometime. to be fair, i am a bit of a novice, but willing to learn. just don't wanna destroy my jeep

any friendly advice is appreciated (especially if there's any decent jeep-related businesses in the area as well) since i am really starting from scratch here.

as an aside, i spent the winter in jefferson and learned that if you need a mechanic shop that doesn't suck for something you can't do yourself. stop and ride is fair, cost effective, and thorough. i'll spare you the story of why i needed their services.

misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

hallo?
Unread 04-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

guess everyone's wheeling

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am not to far from where you will live ( winder) but so far the closest place I know to ride is at Durhamtown off road park or at Beasley knob. I am not sure of any local forums anymore for trail rides besides north georgia jeepers but due to some issues that happened two weeks ago it has turned into a very slow forum.

There are a ton of service roads in north GA you can ride at but there are discussions about them being closed down. All of the places to ride are going away.
Unread 04-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

drama in the offroading club?

sounds like a bad start.

i have heard rumor of this beasly knob and it's particularly rough side path. sounds intriguing, though given how stock my jeep is i dunno if it'll be navigable for me. at least worth a shot

where's the best local place to get parts/work done?

Unread 04-07-2012, 02:28 AM   #6
lurch9

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Check out GAOffroad.com or Midgaoffroad.com. lots of good folks to ride with.
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
GeorgiaCrawlers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Check out Georgia Crawlers.. if you don't like mud runs and like to make it back in one piece
www.georgiacrawlers.com
www.georgiacrawlers.com
GeorgiaCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
YJ1818

Welcome to GA ! I'm right outside Jefferson myself and have heard about jeep night at Beefo Brady's but never been there. The closest place to ride is Durahmtown and it's a pretty cool place that has a little bit of everything for everybody...mud,hills,trails,rocks
YJ1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaCrawlers View Post
Check out Georgia Crawlers.. if you don't like mud runs and like to make it back in one piece
www.georgiacrawlers.com
being in florida, i find myself generally unamused by mud. making it back in one piece sounds like a good thing.

best fifteen word summary you could have thrown at me.

Unread 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
CCOR
Vendor
1979 CJ5 

Welcome!

You are welcome anytime at CCOR (Classic City Off Road)!!

We are only about 10-15 min from Jefferson on Hwy 441.

Stop by, hang out, and check out the buggy that was just in CRAWL this month!

This offer is open to ANY other jeepers as well!!

www.classiccityoffroad.com
To order call 855-572-GEAR or 706-207-4140
Randy's Gear Supply
CCOR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
xjmarc
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've done some rides with GATR ( Georgia Trail Riders) and they have a website but most are fairly hardcore wheelers.
Unread 04-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #12
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

well guys, i have been here for two whole days now. woot! the terrain is MUCH more interesting than florida's flat sand and mud.

but i have noticed something.....

why do GA jeepers not wave? i have seen a lot of jeeps here..... but i think i only got one wave (from a guy in another TJ)

is it local custom not to?

Unread 04-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie
well guys, i have been here for two whole days now. woot! the terrain is MUCH more interesting than florida's flat sand and mud.

but i have noticed something.....

why do GA jeepers not wave? i have seen a lot of jeeps here..... but i think i only got one wave (from a guy in another TJ)

is it local custom not to?
I've noticed it depends on the area. If your in a more " city " type area like Buford, Hamelton mill they never wave back. If your out in a more country area most of the time they wave. The JKs never wave unless they are modded.

I was out heading into winder and then going to Bogart two days ago and I must have had 10 waves by other Jeeps!
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

i've been around jefferson, commerce, winder and athens.

got my second jeep wave today. i feel accomplished.

if the kind jeeper in the red TJ with a snorkel and a good number of aux lights is reading this, please know you made my day.

Unread 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #15
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Winder and I think I've seen than Jeep before.

Here is my Jeep
image-377485652.jpg   image-3081479252.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.