Places to go wheelin in GA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Places to go wheelin in GA

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 04-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
ffbtaylor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Places to go wheelin in GA

I am familiar with Durhamtown, and all the "Under Construction" Industrial Parks in my area. Need a change a scenery. Where is a good place to go in GA? I live about an hour south of ATL

ffbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
jksmith93
2012 JK Wrangler 

I know this isn't what you're wanting to hear, but I'm curious about durhamtown, what would you say the difficulty of the trails are? I have a jku with 33's but no lift (yet) do would I be okay there? Or is more modding needed?
jksmith93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
ffbtaylor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

To be honest, you will be fine on trail 1 with a stock JKU. My 07 JKU did fine out of the box bone stock with 35s. They have a website with all the info on all 3 trails. To do the other 2 trails, you would def need some mods.
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
jksmith93
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks! Im gonna mod but it's a work in progress as my budget allows! Thanks again though for the info! I hope to ride there soon! And I'm sorry I couldn't offer up any other suggestions, I'm gonna be keeping an eye on this thread though because I'll be moving to the area soon!
jksmith93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
ffbtaylor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No problem! I would def look into a lift, a winch, and some undercarraige guards if you plan on hitting trail 3
Unread 04-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
TCrook
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Check out Morris Mtn. Just over the line in AL or Chocoloco Mtn in Anniston/Jacksoville AL. Also, you have the Great American park in Auburn. Not sure where you live 85 or 75 side. I hope this helps.
TCrook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-27-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
ffbtaylor
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I will def look into those. I live about 45 mins south of ATL on 75.
Unread 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
chadito99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffbtaylor
No problem! I would def look into a lift, a winch, and some undercarraige guards if you plan on hitting trail 3
I've been on trail 3 it is ridiculous. You need at least a 4in lift a SYE (preferred) lockers and a winch. I did it in my jeep but my lockers did not work and I was only able to complete half of the trail. But idk of anywhere else except for up in blue ridge.
chadito99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #9
YJ1818

There are 2 different 4x4 sections at Dtown the older one with trails 1-5
YJ1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
YJ1818

All those trails are passable with a stock rig...if you have a buddy with a winch lol ! I haven't been on the new section but we're going to try it next time we go
YJ1818 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.