New to Atlanta Area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > New to Atlanta Area

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
bulletproofATL

New to Atlanta Area

Hello All my Name in Brad, we have just relocated from the Charlotte area, and I was looking to hook up with some jeepsters in the area. We are currently living in the Sandy Springs area and I was wondering what kind of trail options we may have in and around Atlanta. Being from the Charlotte Area I have made countless trip to Uwhaire and was looking for something similiar. Please drop me a line and let me know if there are any groups in the area and where you wheel.

Thanks

Here is a Link to some of our past trips.
First Trip Out
P.S the Yellow Jeep is mine and this was our first Trip out. I had 123 miles on her.

bulletproofATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Hello Brad. My name is Vince. I belong to a couple clubs here. PM me and I can tell you more if you let me know what kind of off-roading you like. There are a few places, but most are 2-3 hour drives from Atl. There's Beasley (Knob), Tellico, River Rock, Black Moose and some Forest Service roads. All are on the Internet. River Rock costs more since it is a privately owned set of trails. In fact there is an open ride this weekend. Pm me if you need more info. Welcome to GA.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just out of curiosity, where and when is the ride this weekend?

Thanks,
Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 06:44 AM   #4
Diehard

2004 WJ 

PM sent.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. That's a little far for me to drive. I live less than 1 mile from the Tennessee state line in the Chattanooga area. But thanks anyway.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Mt. Aetna is the closet to you. It is right in Chattanooga next to Lookout Mountain. Check out the link in my signature to my club, we have a lot of information there about Aetna.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hadn't seen anyone else mention Amicalola Falls so I thought I'd chime in with that

I haven't run even half of the trails there, it's nothing too crazy but there are some tough spots...

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.