Need a new place to go wheelin'!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Need a new place to go wheelin'!!!

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Gaboy92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Need a new place to go wheelin'!!!

We were kicked out of out usual wheelin' spot by the police and they closed it off. So I need a place to go somewhere in Gwinnett county Ga. Let me know if anybody knows a place!!

Unread 02-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #2
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaboy92 View Post
We were kicked out of out usual wheelin' spot by the police and they closed it off. So I need a place to go somewhere in Gwinnett county Ga. Let me know if anybody knows a place!!
I live in Gwinnett where was the place you got kicked out of?
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
shaylle26
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe a little far for you, but Durhamtown in Union Point, GA is a lot of fun.http://www.durhamtown.com/
shaylle26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #4
Gaboy92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

It was a place off of hurricane shoals right off of 316. But we have another spot off of 20 by the mall or Georgia that's not as good but it's fun. Where do you wheel at?
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #5
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It was a place off of hurricane shoals right off of 316. But we have another spot off of 20 by the mall or Georgia that's not as good but it's fun. Where do you wheel at?
Let me give you some advice.

You are not going to get much help from people in the offroad community as long as your wheeling on illegal property. You live in gwinnet, unless you are driving 2 hours from your current location, then you are in an illegal area. There are lots of Forrest service roads north of you and offroad parks in TN, AL, SC and GA. I suggest you stay away from Mall of GA, Peachtree Industrial Blvd, and Hurricane Shoals. You are the problem with this sport, but its never to late to get on the right path and do the right thing.
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:57 AM   #6
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Guys, please don't wheel anywhere other than a designated Forest Service Road or Private ORV park, or unless you own the property, or have written permission in your hand. Crossing any running water is another can of worms.

The local organized 4 Wheel Clubs want you to be aware of the rules and laws, and to practice Tread Lightly. www.treadlightly.org

We can tell you where it is legal in the N GA mountains to ride, or head to Durhamtown, Morris Mountain, Mountainside, The Gulches... and you'll have a fantastic time. Guaranteed.

Wheeling illegally hurts us all, and causes the general public to be opposed to open trails and any off-roading. We've lost at least 3 places in GA over the years, and the Mecca of Southeast Off-roading - Tellico in N.C.
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #7
Trailabite
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Is this place on private land and you have obtained written permission to ride there? If not, chances are it's illegal as well.
Trailabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And the saga continues...
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
TonkaJK

Sad isn't it?
TonkaJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #10
krawler00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't know who owns it... STAY OFF THE LAND! There are offroad parks within 2 hours of Atlanta. Forestry roads in north GA as well. But stay on the marked roads for those as well. Better yet, join a real 4x club and learn.
krawler00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
TonkaJK

With all of the Jeep/4x4 clubs around, join up and they'll show you some nice, fun and LEGAL places to wheel...we are all about wheeling and having fun but please take time to learn the rules and make sure you're not breaking any laws...

www.northgajeepers.com

www.gatrailriders.com

Neither one of these clubs will steer you wrong...there are others in the area but I cannot vouch for them, I've even seen video of some of them illegally wheeling so I will not recommend a club other than the two I've listed above. I have ridden with both and they know what they're talking about!

Good luck to you and PLEASE STOP TRESPASSING or none of us will have a place to wheel
TonkaJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
yogi250cc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes PLEASE if you want to wheel check out a local 4WD club near you.
I believe the closest to Gwinnett is www.gatrailriders.com

Great Club! and they ride every month.
yogi250cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 08:30 AM   #13
yogi250cc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great video!

http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForu...;topicseen#new
yogi250cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Hurricane Shoals is a private land that is illegal to ride. 4x4's have been riding the gas and power lines there for several years. Before I knew better I went there. I joined a club years ago and got educated. I highly suggest anyone who is new to the sport or looking for new places to join a local forum and you can get all the info you need.
Unread 03-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Gaboy92
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ok Well I'm going to swallow my pride and apologize for wheeling in illegal spots. I actually just joined a club and yall were right there is places that are fun and legal. So all that said I hope I'm not going to get any hate pm's that was my bad guys but I don't wheel in those spots anymore yall got me on the right track so thank you!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.