N. Georgia trails open now? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > N. Georgia trails open now?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 03-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
58BlackFlag
2008 JK Wrangler 

N. Georgia trails open now?

Hi all, I'm headed up to Northern Georgia at the end of the week and I'm looking for some trails to check out in my Jeep. Im not at all familiar with the area and though I've found a few searching the net(tatum, rocky flats) I don't know what's open or closed or what even worth checking out. I have a mostly stock JK rubicon 2 door with a winch. I've done quite a few trails out West(So.Cal and Moab) alone as well as quite a few trips to Uwharrie alone and with others so I'm pretty much up to check out anything fun.
All I have scheduled is a meeting at 4 Friday in Cartersville, GA so anything within 3 hours of there in either GA,TN,NC worth checking out would be great!
Also, if anyone is planning anything thur-sat and doesn't mind a tag-along, holler! Thanks,
Seth

58BlackFlag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
58BlackFlag
2008 JK Wrangler 

Anyone...Bueller...Bueller....
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
GeorgiaCrawlers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

go to Beasley Knob.. look on the forestry's website to see if its open.. if it rains 3 days before you go.. forget it. they ll close it.. its clay so it retains water..and its just hill climbs with fantastic views.. nothing extreme.. fun and scenic..
also theres Trey Mountain.. those that have been there .. know its a fun long trail..
www.georgiacrawlers.com
GeorgiaCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
stretchj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Beasley Knob is usually closed through March, but it's a fun set of trails.

I've never been to Trey Mountain, so I can't comment on that.

I'm checking into trails in Ellijay now, I've heard a few rumors from the locals. Maybe someone on here will chime in.
1997 TJ 4.0L AX15 231 HP30 F8.8 - NEW PROJECT
stretchj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #5
GeorgiaCrawlers
2004 TJ Wrangler 

not sure where trey mountain trail is.. but im thinking "its called Charlies Creek rd, or there is Trey Mtn. Trey mtn takes a long time though"
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f70/tra...de-116251.html

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/24618211
www.georgiacrawlers.com
GeorgiaCrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2012, 05:47 AM   #6
58BlackFlag
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys! Looks like beasleys knob is closed for now. I'll probably give the tray mountain trail a try! If anyone else has any other suggestions I would be grateful!
Unread 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe you can go to Mt. Aetna before it closes. I think it's also known as Raccoon Mountain. It's up in Chattanooga, TN. I'm planning on going to Windrock (Coal Mountain) up in TN at the end of the month.

Beasley Knob is fun but it's a no go if it rains and it's not opening until April 1st.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.