N.Georgia:OffRoad+Camping? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > N.Georgia:OffRoad+Camping?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 10-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
Carnutzzz

N.Georgia:OffRoad+Camping?

Hi,

Does anyone know where 3 couples could do some moderate off-roading, then camp safely out there for the night? Maybe an off-road trail to a great camping spot? Ideally it would be somewhere we could light a fire, cook, and hang-out for the evening without being too close to anyone else. We're city slickers looking to get away for a weekend!

Thanks!

Carnutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
bigjeep913

amicolola falls(sp?) some of the trails actually cross the AT
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

beasley offers campgrounds as well and i dont really ever see people camping there
Unread 10-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Wheels4

not sure how far you're wanting to drive... but, Land between the lakes is pretty cool.
Wheels4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM   #5
rmtomasin
1998 ZJ 

unicoi state park has some camping up in north georgia and coopers creek
Built Not Bought #233
98 ZJ I6
Build Thread
rmtomasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
esd04tj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If you want secluded, the Blue Ridge WMA has some good spots. Get a map of the forest from one of the ranger info centers. Don't ask me where, some friends brought me a map back. There are some primitive camp areas up FS77. Frank Gross Campground is on Rock Creek, FS69. It is a little more civilized with a restroom. The wheeling is just forest roads, but the scenery is nice. Check the WMA websites. The website will also tell you if any hunting is allowed, and the dates. I prefer to stay away during those times. I think there is also a fire ban at the moment, so I would check with the ranger station, or the website, as to whether you can use the fire rings or not.
esd04tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM   #7
Carnutzzz

Thanks guys this is great info. I can do some homework over the winter and have a plan for Spring.
Carnutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.