leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > leak

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #1
cleveland99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

leak

Leak
OK please help the last few days I have had a leak of coolant and can not find it it only does when we first take off and drive then stops I have a press test nothing i have replaced top hose and still nothing I have checked all clamps it does not appear to be waterpump or headgasket it seems when cold out it leaks not when it warm

cleveland99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
bear991
1978 CJ7 

Cleveland, I'm a mechanic and want to ask you did you put the pressure tester on while it was cold and check it. I own a fleet of over the road trucks and I have one that only leaks when it's cold and sits for a couple of days. Finally found it leaking at the firewall heater connection which is just over the engine block. It would drip down on block then run down the oil pan making me think it was a head gasket.If you haven't try it cold and that would eliminate everything from the thermostat forward if nothing leaks. I'm assuming you smell it after the engine gets warm or do you see it on the ground? Just my .02
bear991 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
cleveland99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I smell.it and can see on the passenger side.bottom.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
bear991
1978 CJ7 

Put the pressure tester on it cold and see if it leaks. You will probably have to pump it up a little over the cap rated pressure ,but not much,don't want to create a leak somewhere else. How often are you adding coolant to it?
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
cleveland99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not really that much thars why I am at lost
Unread 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
bear991
1978 CJ7 

Cleveland that could be a heater core leaking.....hard to really sort out without being able to put hands on
Unread 03-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
cleveland99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Not heater core no fluid inside
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
olewilly
1989 MJ Comanche 

Check your oil, I have seen them leak coolant into the oil, if that's the problem oil will look kinda milky.
olewilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.