How Many HAMS we got in GA - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > How Many HAMS we got in GA

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 02-18-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Sector1

Are there classes to prepare you for the exam or is it self-study? Also is morse code still required?

Sector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #17
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes, there are classes to prepare you for the exam. You can also do self-study. Check out http://www.arrl.org/new-to-ham-radio. To save you some time searching, check out this section http://www.arrl.org/licensing-education-training.

I bought the books shown on the right side, for self-study. You will want to start with the Technician study guide first. http://www.arrl.org/shop/Ham-Radio-L...dition/?page=1. The exam cost me $15, and is only 30 questions. No Morse code required for any of the licenses anymore! Hope this helps.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #18
Sector1

Happy Trails
Thanks for the info. This has been on my "to do" list for a long time but I never had time. I may actually have time to get my license now. Do the books tell me where I need to go for the exam?
2012 Sahara
Sector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Just check out that second link. Look for the box titled, "Find an Exam Session". There are many being held around the Atlanta area every month. Good luck!
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:00 AM   #20
chopperkid2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone here know Ted or Ed Cravey? He's an older fella, one of the top hams in GA. He lives in Gainesville, i'm not sure of his call name. This is my grandfather. He could talk your ears off about this stuff. He used to travel with the government to hot spots; like when katrina hit. He was the 1st hammie on scene.
chopperkid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.