Help Planning Multi-Day Expedition near Atlanta, Georgia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Help Planning Multi-Day Expedition near Atlanta, Georgia

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 08-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
MCSJK2008
2008 JK Wrangler 

Help Planning Multi-Day Expedition near Atlanta, Georgia

I recently watched the show, "One Car Too Far", and it made a friend and I want to take our Jeeps (both are 2008 4-door JK's) on a 3-4 day wheeling trip and film it to make as a school project. Our biggest problem is that we live in Atlanta, Georgia, and we do not have a Moab desert or anything big and open and public like that to go to. We would like to have a mixture of different elements, to make for a well rounded trip, i.e. not just all mudding or all rock crawling. So, these are our big questions:

Are there any places anyone knows of within about 2-3 hours of Atlanta that are the kind of thing we are looking for-- big enough for 3-4 days of wheeling without having to come out, lots of different obstacles, allow overnighters or is public land?

What all would we need in terms of Jeep supplies? We are both running 2" kits with 33" all-terrains, both have a winch and steel bumpers (front and back with d-rings), we know to have extra gas, and our plans are to have snorkels on both (but for the sake of argument, lets assume we don't), what else would we need?

Is this a realistic idea? Planning a 3-4 day trip with only 2 jeeps and more than enough, but limited supplies nonetheless, as well as attempting to film it?

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

MCSJK2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
dahlonegawj
2002 WJ 

You could try gulches in sc. It's about 3hrs from Alpharetta ga. I'd love to join ya if that's ok. Stock wj or i can get my grandfathers stock jk.
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would pack a GPS in my pack and get lost in the Chattahoochee National Forest. When I got ready to go home I would turn my GPS on.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

You have a PM. I know the back roads around here pretty good and I bet we could set something up. We are the same age btw
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Chocolocco Mtn in Jacksonville, AL (North of Anniston). http://www.choccoloccomountain.com/index.html

Morris Mtn just South of Anniston, AL. http://www.morrismountainorv.com/

Chocolocco is better equipped for camping than Morris Mtn.

Spare parts, tools, gas, water, food, toilet paper, first aid kit, CB, tents, adult BEvERages....
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.