georgia: mandatory mods. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > georgia: mandatory mods.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 05-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

georgia: mandatory mods.

hey guys, just wondering what mods you have made to your rigs that you cannot imagine going without based on the terrain we have here locally.

i am aware this is going to be like asking your favorite beer, so feel free to explain your reason for the mod's necessity/utility/fun (yes, fun is a valid reason for a mod). so is comfort. heat and humidity can be a guiding factor with regards to that.

in summary, what makes a perfect georgia jeep for you?

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

bonus points for explaining what kind of use your rig sees, be it mud, rocks, or pavement only. (no judgement here.)

Unread 05-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

okay, i'll start:

mandatory modification: long range auxiliary lighting:

reason/utility: primarily in use for the long stretches of road that deer can emerge from randomly, or seeing sudden bends that would otherwise be obscured by the dark.
also likely useful for night-time offroading, but i haven't done that since i installed them. (but i want to!)

brand recommendation if any: loving the KC daylighters so far. i was sold on them because a friend of mine had them. $99 from amazon seemed a fair price.

Unread 05-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
cohutta20
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Not for everyone out there, but.....

I have mounted one of my amateur radios to the top of the windshield frame. I have my antenna mounted for the CB radio, but haven't mounted the radio itself yet. I also have plans to mount another antenna for a ham radio that operates on some different frequencies. I'm also looking into mounting a long range cell phone booster antenna for being out in the mountains. I will see if I can get some pics uploaded!
cohutta20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohutta20 View Post
I have mounted one of my amateur radios to the top of the windshield frame. I have my antenna mounted for the CB radio, but haven't mounted the radio itself yet. I also have plans to mount another antenna for a ham radio that operates on some different frequencies. I'm also looking into mounting a long range cell phone booster antenna for being out in the mountains. I will see if I can get some pics uploaded!
that would be badass

i have been thinking about communication a bit... still trying to plan what will work best for me. probs going to stick with CB.

Unread 05-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've built mine for rocks but also to drive where I need to go on the road. I think a bikini top is a must when wheeling down here. I use them because a hardtop is too damn hot and I'll most likely bust a side window out. My tire of choice is the BFG KM2. I does well in the loose soil, mud, and rocks. It has enough grab to get through the Georgia red clay but enough surface area to grip the rocks. Armor underneath is also a good thing otherwise you'll beat the crap out of anything underneath your rig. Ask me how I know. A winch and snatch block is also a good addition because in the rocky regions I wheel in there are a good many steep climbs that my winch would have an easier time with using a snatch block. Lockers of course will be a big factor too.

Pretty much not any different from anyone else depending on their wheeling style. Due to my tire height and ground clearance a little skinny pedal can go a long way. This also is a good reason for the under carriage armor.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

at the risk of sounding like an idiot, some day i will have to go out riding with some peeps and learn a few winch tricks. i don't have one yet, and no experience with them. i plan on buying one, but i need to spend money a few other directions first (given that i never get to wheel lately, much less wheeling alone).

i've been really considering the UCF t-case skid, and other armor. wanna go aluminum all the way. :]

as for tires, i may be forced to get km2s since the ta/ko are on national backorder. :/ how do they handle on the highway?

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

actually, first i need to acquire a day off before anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.