Georgia JF Members! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Georgia JF Members!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #91
Fisher51
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oakwood Ga. We are at the bottom of Lake Lanier---<")))<<

Fisher51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #92
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

sounds like a plan, i just got to get situated from moving back. how about april 1?
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #93
reckr34
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcerilli View Post
Since sweetwater is so close, we should set a date to go riding.
I go up there every weekend/ Sunday most let me know if you want to go
reckr34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #94
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i used to up their every weekdn until i moved off to indy for colelge. i heard that it has gotten really bad out there. i heard that the big pipe right in front of the first real hole got ripped out and now you have to straddle it, to get down the trail. i cant wait to get out there again. anybody ever been to angels bluff down there?
Unread 03-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #95
COBRASVT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Jonesboro here...
() )---() )--o--) )
COBRASVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #96
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRASVT View Post
Jonesboro here...
Not too far from me. I just got my new tires from the Discount Tire in Hampton.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #97
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Woodstock, GA here....

2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
JEEP= Just+Empty+Every+Pocket.....
EAT-SLEEP-JEEP OlllllllO TJ-XTREME
TJ-xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #98
jettatdi
1973 FSJ Cherokee 

Anyone near the Kennesaw area go to KSU? I just converted my jeep from 2wd to 4wd and I am just finishing up on some odds and ends before its trail ready. Once its done, I'll message some of you guys near sweetwater and we'll go wheeling.
jettatdi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #99
Mike4ya
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcerilli View Post
Anyone near the Kennesaw area go to KSU? I just converted my jeep from 2wd to 4wd and I am just finishing up on some odds and ends before its trail ready. Once its done, I'll message some of you guys near sweetwater and we'll go wheeling.
I'm about 8min from KSU, and I don't go there currently, but I was there for a semester back in fall of '08... I'm in a similar boat as you, just getting my TJ trail ready... So PM me and jebmcall when you're down to go wheelin, he's been talking about showing me around Sweetwater when he gets a chance; I've yet to go.

-Mike
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #100
Yeller06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
yeah i used to up their every weekdn until i moved off to indy for colelge. i heard that it has gotten really bad out there. i heard that the big pipe right in front of the first real hole got ripped out and now you have to straddle it, to get down the trail. i cant wait to get out there again. anybody ever been to angels bluff down there?
Yeah thats true about the pipe. I went out there this past weekend and it was the first time i had seen it. My jaw dropped when i saw the giant hole in the ground. There is a path to the left of it that you can get by, but its a little sketchy, but not that bad in a jeep.
Yeller06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #101
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't risk riding in sweetwater. last I heard it was illegal. there was an incident about a year ago where someone was arrested, charged with tresspassing, and his jeep was impounded. That's not to say it can't be done, I just wouldn't risk it...

On the other hand, about another 30 minutes north of sweetwater there is Beasley Knob in Blairesville. Great trail to get out there and learn more about your rig and there are some very challenging parts of the trail as well. 93B would be the hardest part and I wouldn't recommend it for the D35 crowd, but the rest is fairly moderate with bypasses for most of the obstacles...
2001 TJ Sport w/ D44, 2.5" Susp. lift,1" BL w/ MML, 35x12.50 BFG KM2's on 15x8 Soft 8's, Smittybilt XRC Front Bumper and Rocker Guards, S/B SRC Rear Bumper, Xenon 4" Flat Flares, JKS Disconnects, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, OBA System, Optima Blue Top, Hella Lighting. More on the way... ;}
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #102
COBRASVT
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Not too far from me. I just got my new tires from the Discount Tire in Hampton.
Yuuup...I've used them a couple of times for my Stang and Dad's truck. They are good guys, do good work and have great pricing if you're buying retail.
() )---() )--o--) )
COBRASVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:36 AM   #103
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

i didnt realize beasley knob wa that close. looks like we need to put my 35 to the test.
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #104
TJ-xtreme
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
i didnt realize beasley knob wa that close. looks like we need to put my 35 to the test.
last time i went to beasley i lived off of chastain in kennesaw and it took me 50 minutes to get there including a stop for gas and refreshments...
Unread 03-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #105
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

sounds like a plan, ive been wanting to blow the turd up for a while but couldnt afford to since im in indiana, but im done next week and the cherokee is probably becoming a trail toy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.