Georgia JF Members! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Georgia JF Members!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #46
chilito82
2003 TJ Wrangler 

savannah, ga

chilito82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #47
Mike4ya
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
yup that looks like good ole upper sweetwater off of 20 and highway 108. ive had a lot of good times there and looking forward to tearing it up in 20 days when i get back home. hit me up on here if u wanna go wheeling soon.
Don't know if you were referring to me, but that was actually some property my buddy has up in Jasper off 53. Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, just saying.

But I would like to check out Sweetwater, I've never been. Just don't want to go anywhere my rig isn't capable of handling yet... (It'll come with due time...damn bills And definitely don't want to break anything because of it. ) I've only had her about 3 weeks, and still need to buy some extras, (some good tow hooks for the rear, tow straps, CB, and a fire extinguisher, etc.

But I'm here if you get a day you want to wheel, just PM me.

-Mike
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #48
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hmm that looked very similar to a trail of sweetwater, sweetwater has mild parts to it and pretty extreme parts to it. i have been all over it but there is alot i wont tackle. i have been going out there is stock form and did a bit but not nearly as much as i can do now. i know the trails like the back of my hand so i wouldnt take you down anything where you would break down. the main trial has become somewhat difficult to negotiate since ive been down there from what i heard. what part of woodstock you in? im in townelake by the big methodist church
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
Mike4ya
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebmccall View Post
hmm that looked very similar to a trail of sweetwater, sweetwater has mild parts to it and pretty extreme parts to it. i have been all over it but there is alot i wont tackle. i have been going out there is stock form and did a bit but not nearly as much as i can do now. i know the trails like the back of my hand so i wouldnt take you down anything where you would break down. the main trial has become somewhat difficult to negotiate since ive been down there from what i heard. what part of woodstock you in? im in townelake by the big methodist church
Nice man, well let me know if you go wheelin anywhere you think a stock TJ can handle. And I'm not very far from you, I'm about 3-4min from the walmart on bells ferry. Just got a raise, and i feel a bonus coming soon, so im hopin within the next couple months I'll be good to go with the RC 3.25 and 32s.
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #50
HARLEYX2
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Canton, Holly Springs area here.
HARLEYX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:39 PM   #51
Ian007
1985 CJ7 

Im in Tifton, GA right off of I75
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #52
GACory
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEYX2 View Post
Canton, Holly Springs area here.
What do ya know were neighbors
Holly Springs, (Hickory Flat)
GACory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #53
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Hi guys,

We've got a great group that rides together at least once a month, with members all over. No fees or requirements to join. Just safety requirements for the trail.

Next ride is on March 19-21 with some camping. That always means a big fire an your favorite beverage.
Unread 03-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #54
91Fun
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I joined up last week under the same screen name. You guys have a really good website! I'm just afraid with the XJ in the condition it's in, pushing it is not the best option right now until I fix a few more things 21'st is my birthday BTW
Unread 03-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #55
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4ya View Post

But I would like to check out Sweetwater, I've never been.
Don't. Sorry, but it's illegal to ride there. The owner has posted on local forums and has a standing order with the sheriff to arrest and press charges on anyone trespassing there.

Try Durhamtown or River Rock in GA, Aetna in Chattanooga, or Morris Mountain in AL. Awesome Off Road parks.
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #56
jebmccall
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hey its not illegal to go down the main trails, you go off to the sides you are on hunting property which is illegal. i have been riding their for two years now, have met up with several cops on that trail. i have actually pulled a cop out that got his k20 patrol truck stuck back there and i asked him and he siad no as long as you are not going off into the hunting property.
jebmccall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 08:19 AM   #57
SkullTripper
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Calhoun, Ga

[COLOR="Lime"][B]My 1987 Jeep Wrangler Build..[/B][/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z-o-r-v-87yj-build-slow-978747/[/url]
SkullTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #58
kudzu35
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any trails near Columbus? Looking to find one shortly before heading to Augusta.
kudzu35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #59
tjmaximus
NeverEndingWorkInProgress

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Up here in Dalton!
White Jeep Club #44
98 TJ Sport

see profile for mods.
tjmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #60
xjcrwlr
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmaximus View Post
Up here in Dalton!
You're not very far from me at all!
[COLOR="White"]White Jeep Member #96[/COLOR]

Look, you fix it how you want, Imma beat it with this hammer.
xjcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.