Georgia JF Members! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Georgia JF Members!

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #136
SYN ACK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcochran View Post
Mike and SYN ACK, thanks for the advice. This is exactly the stuff I'm trying to dig up before I go and plop down money on something that I can CHOOSE my options for the most part. I have been to the Cartersville Jeep place..decent stuff, just HIGH miles on most of it. What other problems have people found there? Just curious as it is so close to the house?.... Also, would someone suggest finding a YJ or a TJ as a base for something with nothing bigger than 33" tires and a few other upgrades...oh, and I think I will get the 4.0
YJ vs. TJ can be quite the discussion but in the end it comes down to which style/ride you prefer. I personally don't like the headlights (I know it's petty) but that's my choice. It's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

But I also prefer an automatic transmission.

Unread 03-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #137
cmassey_2006
2006 WK 

Kennesaw, GA here. My brother and I like hiking the N. GA mountains. Any trails up there for stock Jeeps?

2007 Silver Jeep WK Laredo 4x4: (Sold) 10K miles, 3.7L V6, auto...

1998 Blue Jeep XJ 4x4: (Sold) @ 156K miles, I6, AW4 tranny, several mods...
cmassey_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #138
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmassey_2006 View Post
Kennesaw, GA here. My brother and I like hiking the N. GA mountains. Any trails up there for stock Jeeps?
Yes, Beasley Knob. We are riding there on April 17th and should have a great crowd and an opportunity to meet some new folks.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...010-a-1000311/

There are hundreds of miles of forestry roads roads to explore all over North Georgia.
Unread 03-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #139
cmassey_2006
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Yes, Beasley Knob. We are riding there on April 17th and should have a great crowd and an opportunity to meet some new folks.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...010-a-1000311/

There are hundreds of miles of forestry roads roads to explore all over North Georgia.
Cool! Thanks, I'll check it out.

Yes indeed. My brother and I recently discovered the Forestry Roads that take you to the Jacks River Falls hiking trails in the Cohutta Wilderness area along the GA/TN border (Cisco, GA). We were up there a couple of months ago when that area had some snowfall and the scenery was spectacular...and the snow-covered FS roads were fun to explore too.

2007 Silver Jeep WK Laredo 4x4: (Sold) 10K miles, 3.7L V6, auto...

1998 Blue Jeep XJ 4x4: (Sold) @ 156K miles, I6, AW4 tranny, several mods...
cmassey_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #140
quattro18t03
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Moody AFB, Valdosta, GA.
quattro18t03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 08:33 PM   #141
hookedupinc
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro18t03 View Post
Moody AFB, Valdosta, GA.
dude... what's up I live up Bemiss, off Mt. Zion... (the road by Rockin Rodeo)
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #142
quattro18t03
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet! Just up the road. I read most of your post. Sounds like you had your work cut out for you. I can't see the pics on my work computer so i'll have to check them out when I get home in the morn. 12hr mids suck!!! 1600-0400
quattro18t03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #143
GMC7000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Any places close to Suwanee to wheel?

I mean within an hour or so away?
GMC7000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #144
bcochran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN ACK View Post
YJ vs. TJ can be quite the discussion but in the end it comes down to which style/ride you prefer. I personally don't like the headlights (I know it's petty) but that's my choice. It's pretty much a deal breaker for me.

But I also prefer an automatic transmission.
Yep...after many hours spent reading about the different models, I believe I have ruled out the YJ. Mainly because it does have the leafs, and the headlights do nothing for me as well. Also, I have heard that soft top removal and install is a pain on the YJ. This jeep would see some highway use, so it does need a decent amount of road manners. My jeep would have to be a manual. I have started putting together a list of what I need in a base jeep, and then a seperate one for what my end product goal is...we will see how that ends up!
bcochran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #145
SYN ACK
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say you're doing well if you can get 50% of what you want.
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #146
bcochran

Well, the good thing is that the wife is ok with me getting whatever I want...its just that my mind changes on stuff constantly. I hope to be able to find a few pictures of a jeep that I want to get the look of, and then follow it. Who knows...I may have a damn bronco before its over! haha!
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #147
300whisper
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy161 View Post
Finally! Somebody close by...well, sort of. West Point man, huh? Good for you!
I am from the city, in bibb county, not macon county. Yes, I go to usma. Thanks, just wish I could work on my jeep more! And with regards to the comment above, who wants a bronco?!?

Are there any wheeling places in central georiga? Any events going on between may and july?
300whisper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #148
bcochran

I don't want a bronco...I was just saying that I change my mind a lot....
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #149
300whisper
2010 JK Wrangler 

oh hahaha...I know that feeling. I dont know what to upgrade next!! (money willing of course!) I think it is safe to say that my jeep is the first addiction i have ever had.
300whisper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #150
bcochran

I can understand that. I have wanted a wrangler since high school, and never was in a position to have one. Now that I can afford one, I don't want it as my daily driver. That said, I want it to be "road worthy" but really shine on the trails. I don't care to do any rock climbing, or bury it in a mud bog, but I love to trail ride. That said, I need to find out what add ons will support that goal....Oh man...here comes the headache!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.