georgia anyone..... anyone in georgia - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > georgia anyone..... anyone in georgia

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 05-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #31
Juany
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am from Athens, Ga. Who wants to go hit some trails? Need a jeep companion. Let me know!

Juany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #32
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

My buddies and I usually go wheeling up in Blairsville at Beasley Knob. We plan big trips every 3 months or so but he lives in Buford and we typically meet in Athens depending on where we're going. I'll post up if we make a run anytime soon.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 06:36 AM   #33
blacksheepjp
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looking for some fellow Jeepers near Cartersville... Anyone?
blacksheepjp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
Juany
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Louie4, this is Jon H.! saw your pictures and couldnt believe it was you. Hit me up man. Lets do some wheelin. Its been too long!
Juany is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2011, 03:31 PM   #35
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am always down for some runs. There are some decent size 4x4 clubs in GA that do monthly rides. Happy trails
Unread 05-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #36
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Let's do it
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

so where is this "river rock" that was mentioned?

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpookie
so where is this "river rock" that was mentioned?
Closed down about a year or so ago. It's in Milledgeville BTW. It was an awesome place to wheel. The owners decided to get out of the sport and built a house down where the trails were. I've heard Durhamtown is better with a more developed 4x4 section but I haven't had the desire to check it out since I last went. I say take a ride to Morris Mountain in AL or Gulches in SC.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #39
CyanideSandwich
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjoffroad92 View Post
I live in Cobb county Georgia, me and some buddies are going to Alatoona WMA, it is pretty close like woodstock area. There are some pretty decent trails that we are going to explore and best of all, they are legal. I believe we are going this saturday if anyone wants to join.
Do you have to have some sort of permit or anything from the state before you can wheel in a WMA? Or, since your post is pretty old, is this area still legal?

I ask because just a few weeks ago, my roommate and I were riding around in that area looking for some place to go off road, on Lower Sweetwater when we came upon a Park Ranger (not sure if GA State Park Ranger or Corps of Engineers Park Ranger) with a whole bunch of ATVs pulled over and ticketing them. Some of the guys sorta gestured that we needed to turn around, so that's what we did.

We spent all day yesterday riding around trying to find some places to ride in northern Cherokee and northeastern Bartow Counties but every place that looked like a fun ride had a locked gate.

I would love to get together with a few people around here and get some mud on my old Jeep.
CyanideSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #40
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Closed down about a year or so ago. It's in Milledgeville BTW. It was an awesome place to wheel. The owners decided to get out of the sport and built a house down where the trails were. I've heard Durhamtown is better with a more developed 4x4 section but I haven't had the desire to check it out since I last went. I say take a ride to Morris Mountain in AL or Gulches in SC.
i miss out on all the good stuff

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
chadito99

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckr34
I'm in canton/holly springs
I also would like to know where around alatoona, i camp there all the time
Ever been to sweet water?
chadito99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #42
chadito99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juany
I am from Athens, Ga. Who wants to go hit some trails? Need a jeep companion. Let me know!
Hey if your up there this fall I'll be up there. Just let me know
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #43
chadito99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheepjp
Looking for some fellow Jeepers near Cartersville... Anyone?
Im in canton. Ever been to sweetwater.
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:17 PM   #44
chadito99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideSandwich

Do you have to have some sort of permit or anything from the state before you can wheel in a WMA? Or, since your post is pretty old, is this area still legal?

I ask because just a few weeks ago, my roommate and I were riding around in that area looking for some place to go off road, on Lower Sweetwater when we came upon a Park Ranger (not sure if GA State Park Ranger or Corps of Engineers Park Ranger) with a whole bunch of ATVs pulled over and ticketing them. Some of the guys sorta gestured that we needed to turn around, so that's what we did.

We spent all day yesterday riding around trying to find some places to ride in northern Cherokee and northeastern Bartow Counties but every place that looked like a fun ride had a locked gate.

I would love to get together with a few people around here and get some mud on my old Jeep.
I just went there last weekend as long as you stay in the trails and don't make a $/&t ton of noise you won't get In trouble.
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #45
chadito99

Here are some pics of sweet water
image-953598499.jpg   image-1633698074.jpg   image-3439097072.jpg   image-1727663248.jpg   image-4282793608.jpg  

image-4027784452.jpg   image-4004843164.jpg   image-746819798.jpg   image-2891910308.jpg   image-3422372616.jpg  

image-1213528624.jpg   image-3215987435.jpg   image-3763082954.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.