GA Trail Riders Open Invite Ride at Durhamtown Dec 10
GA Trail Riders is having an OPEN ride December 10, 2011 at Durhamtown Plantation. Everyone is invited.
Durhamtown has recently expanded both 4X4 parks and added an obstacle area with rocks, pipes, etc. Mike at Durhamtown is a great supporter of the 4X4 community and improving the park weekly, and will do more if we support the park. More info here: http://www.durhamtownoffroad.com/
Cabins are available with a discount if you mention GA Trail Riders. Book early as they will fill up fast.
JK Unlimited Rubi on Rock Jock 60's and MTR 40's, ARB's, RockKrawler, Walker Evans Beadlocks, Poison Spyder Fenders, J E Reel Shafts.....
If you can not meet the following requirements, unfortunately, you will not be allowed to ride with GATR until your vehicle is in compliance.
1. Functional Parking brake or Line Lock
2. Tow strap (minimum 2"/20,000lbs, can be bought for +/- $20)
3. Jack (tall enough to change your own tires)
4. Fire extinguisher (must be secured and easily accessible; mandatory for certain ORV parks)
5. Seat belts/restraints for all passengers
6. CB with clear reception (***See note below)
7. Recovery hooks or D-rings front & rear. (Cheap Idea: http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/gas/tj_hooks.htm)
8. Battery hold-down (OEM or after-market, bungy cords are not acceptable)
9. Emergency Contact Form (***See attachment)
10. Functional 4WD is REQUIRED. No 2WD vehicles are permitted.
11. Small First Aid Kit (Highly Recommended, Not Required)
*** The properly tuned CB radio is how we communicate on the trail systems. From time to time, we can not see or hear each other and this is where our CB's come in handy. If you are on a budget, you can pick up one of the best "budget" CB's on the market for around $59 (Uniden Pro510XL).
Since we are growing and our members are from all over the place, please take a moment to fill out the following Emergency Contact form and keep it in your glove box while attending GATR trail rides. It would not be good if you were to get severely hurt and we could notify immediate family or friends.
Again guys, thanks for continuing to make each GATR ride a success.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. It’s a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, we’re a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.