GA. Gang.. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > GA. Gang..

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #76
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck having dry conditions at Beasley. But either way I will go. I won't meet at the waffle house though cause I live about 8 miles from Charlies Creek.

Unread 06-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #77
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yep that would be the 19th. I guess we could just meet at the parking lot at Beasley. The entrance off 515.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #78
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ-Jer View Post
I have the next two weekends but the third one I am heading to Zion NP, the Grand Canyon and Moab. We have already rented Jeeps for the week and I am so looking forward to seeing the Mecca of Jeepdom.
What. What?
Unread 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #79
KelticTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in Tallahassee but if there was a group of you guys going I would make the trip. I only have 31" KM2's so I might lag behind a little bit. You guys know of any trails closer to my neck of the woods I could try out in the mean time??
KelticTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #80
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The 19th sounds like a good plan, I will be watching the weather and this thread. Also considering some Alabama trails...
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #81
Mike4ya
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyG View Post
I'm here in ATL this week and back south on Friday. Maybe the 4th of July weekend would be A chance to make a ride? I would like to hang around for a possible ride this Saturday... But I'm giving A friend a ride back to FL.
Keep me posted. Whether its before my lift or after, as long as im not in the process of installing it, I'd love to go.
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #82
StacyG
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4ya View Post
Keep me posted. Whether its before my lift or after, as long as im not in the process of installing it, I'd love to go.
Sounds good. What type of lift are you installing?
StacyG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2010, 11:10 PM   #83
MrPizzaMan
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Its the Pizza Man. I would enjoy beasley if the weather is right. My Jeep isn't too far from stock, how rough are the trails?
MrPizzaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:07 AM   #84
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPizzaMan View Post
Its the Pizza Man. I would enjoy beasley if the weather is right. My Jeep isn't too far from stock, how rough are the trails?
The trails vary, there are by-passes which can be medium sometimes. The issue is how steep some of the trails are, thus if it rains too much they close them.
Good place to go for a first real offroad ride not just some Forest service roads.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #85
Mike4ya
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyG View Post
Sounds good. What type of lift are you installing?
Rough Country
-2.5" Coils
-.75" Spacers F & R. (When I get a front bumper/winch I'll probably change to 4" coils up front)
-1.25" BL w/ a 1" MML.
-33x12.50 KM2s.

I can't wait.
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #86
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Mike
Sounds like a good set up, I did the same minus the BL. Lots of flex so I had to add some bump stop (I replaced all my arms as well) . I really like the ride and have gotten complimants on the manners on road from passangers. Should look good on 33s. Like everyone talks about don't just blindly drop the tcase- test drive and tweak. Used my pucks as bump stops and to raise the 3rd light. 6 or 7 washers killed the vibes..

So it looks like this is going to go down as long as the weather holds out.
RabunJeeper you seeing any rain up there that would shut us down?
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #87
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

From what I've seen on weather.com for Blairsville the best chance for rain is on Wednesday at 50%. Of course every day pretty much has a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon but that's just how it is in the summer time in Georgia. Unless there is a monsoon all across North Georgia I'll go. These spotty, isolated showers aren't going to stop me.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #88
StacyG
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4ya View Post
Rough Country
-2.5" Coils
-.75" Spacers F & R. (When I get a front bumper/winch I'll probably change to 4" coils up front)
-1.25" BL w/ a 1" MML.
-33x12.50 KM2s.

I can't wait.
Mike,

I ran the Rough Country 2.5 kit for the last year. This is a great kit for the money. Originally had a 3 inch body lift and dropped it to a 1 inch. I have Warn front and back bumpers with a tire carrier, Warn Power Plant winch and on 33 inch KM2's. I did not have any clearance problems when flexing in my LJ. Overall much improved street performance over stock springs and shocks. I just gave my Rough Country kit away for someone else to continue to enjoy.
StacyG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #89
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
From what I've seen on weather.com for Blairsville the best chance for rain is on Wednesday at 50%. Of course every day pretty much has a 30% chance of rain in the afternoon but that's just how it is in the summer time in Georgia. Unless there is a monsoon all across North Georgia I'll go. These spotty, isolated showers aren't going to stop me.
the weather is looking better... I wish I could make this one but I signed up to go to Mountainside..
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #90
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrian View Post
the weather is looking better... I wish I could make this one but I signed up to go to Mountainside..
That sucks. I'm sure there will be a next time whether it be Beasley or elsewhere.

Maybe we should get a head count of those who are going (as long as there is no down pour the day before or day of).

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Last edited by Louie4; 06-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Grammar.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.