GA. Gang.. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > GA. Gang..

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #61
YJ-Jer
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Forsyth County, GA
Posts: 278
I have the next two weekends but the third one I am heading to Zion NP, the Grand Canyon and Moab. We have already rented Jeeps for the week and I am so looking forward to seeing the Mecca of Jeepdom.

__________________
-Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #62
Louie4
Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 9,547
So maybe the 18th of June would be a good weekend?

Before I die I want to make a pilgrimage from Georgia to Moab, Utah, wheel my jeep and then drive it back. That would be awesome.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #63
YJ-Jer
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Forsyth County, GA
Posts: 278
I'm with ya Louie but if I take my jeep, I'm towing it behind a motor home! My kidneys could not take a ride like that in the ole' YJ :-)
__________________
-Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #64
Mike4ya
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Georgia, North Ga
Posts: 156
Canton, Ga here... Keep me posted about Beasley... or anywhere for that matter. I'm still stock right now, but in about a month that will all change.
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #65
StacyG
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lake Mary
Posts: 26
I would love to go wheelin at Beasley Knob with your group some time. Just returned from a trip to River Rock over the Memorial weekend. I used to live in Woodstock and moved to Orlando for work a few years ago. My jeep was pretty much stock when I lived in Woodstock. So I never took a run at the Knob. Just spent the last 3.5 weeks prior to the Memorial weekend rebuilding my jeep. Installed a RE 4.5 Super Flex kit, body armor front to back, lockers front and back, replaced the slip yoke with a fixed, new drive shaft, and installed a 2wheel low option in the t-case. Broke it all in at River Rock. I'm in Atlanta often for work and would make a weekend run if I can.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stacy

Last edited by StacyG; 06-06-2010 at 06:07 PM..
StacyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #66
Mike4ya
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Georgia, North Ga
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyG View Post
I would love to go wheelin at Beasley Knob with your group some time. Just returned from a trip to River Rock over the Memorial weekend. I used to live in Woodstock and moved to Orlando for work a few years ago. My jeep was pretty much stock when I lived in Woodstock. So I never took a run at the Knob. Just spent the last 3.5 weeks prior to the Memorial weekend rebuilding my jeep. Installed a RE 4.5 Super Flex kit, body armor front to back, lockers front and back, replaced the slip yoke with a fixed, new drive shaft, and installed a 2wheel low option in the t-case. Broke it all in at River Rock. I'm in Atlanta often for work and would make a weekend run if I can.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stacy






10 char
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 06:07 AM   #67
Mike4ya
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Georgia, North Ga
Posts: 156
Figured I'd go on and post a picture of my Blurple Heep, even though she's still stock. :-)


[Yes, I know the sway bar link is broke ]
blurple.jpg  
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 07:24 AM   #68
Louie4
Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 9,547
I'm ready when y'all are. Just can't do it this Saturday but any other time is doable.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #69
Mike4ya
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Georgia, North Ga
Posts: 156
No good this weekend either, but any other time I'm all about it, as long as my Jeep's not on jack stands.
Mike4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #70
gotCLAY
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Acworth Ga.
Posts: 215
I Wondered if you had dropped off the face of the earth! You still working on the FSJ or gonna hang with the CJ for a while? I am game for something next weekend. If it stays dry near the end of the week, I'd love to go to Beasley Knob. If not, we could head up to Charlie Creek or something. I'm getting a little tired of the Amacolola FS roads. :-)
__________________
-Jerry

I Still have them both. My wife wants me to sell the CJ and fix up the waggy. They both need some work so thats a problem because the JEEP budget is all ready tight because of the baby on the way. Im going to try to hold on to both of them for a while. With that said lets go brake something on the CJ
__________________
GOOD LUCK & GOD BLESS
gotCLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #71
StacyG
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lake Mary
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4ya View Post
Figured I'd go on and post a picture of my Blurple Heep, even though she's still stock. :-)


[Yes, I know the sway bar link is broke ]
I'm here in ATL this week and back south on Friday. Maybe the 4th of July weekend would be A chance to make a ride? I would like to hang around for a possible ride this Saturday... But I'm giving A friend a ride back to FL.
StacyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #72
flyingbrian
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 118
Hey guys, myself and another JK will be at Durhamtown this Saturday around noon. ya'll are welcome to come and slop it up LOL

flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #73
YJ-Jer
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Forsyth County, GA
Posts: 278
What say we plan a little mountain run Saturday the 20th of June. We will tentatively plan for a Beasly run but if weather is not cooperative, we'll go play up at Charlie Creek? what say you all?

-Jerry
__________________
-Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #74
Louie4
Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 9,547
I will definitely be there. What time and where? The Waffle House?
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM   #75
flyingbrian
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ-Jer View Post
What say we plan a little mountain run Saturday the 20th of June. We will tentatively plan for a Beasly run but if weather is not cooperative, we'll go play up at Charlie Creek? what say you all?

-Jerry
the 20th? that's: Fathers Day right?
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.