GA. Gang.. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > GA. Gang..

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 05-25-2010, 10:38 AM   #46
Deege
2007 WK 

About how often do ya'll Georgia Jeep guys go on trail rides? Im looking to go sometime but will need someone to pull me out when i get stuck haha.

Deege is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2010, 03:47 AM   #47
Texan4life77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

will ANYONE go with me to durhamtown tomorrow? It can get pretty muddy and I would just go alone but I dont want to get stuck. Its definately fun to go there but expect mud for sure!! Anyway I am really wanting to head up there tomorrow (Memorial Day). Is anyone else game?
Texan4life77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 05:42 AM   #48
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4life77 View Post
will ANYONE go with me to durhamtown tomorrow? It can get pretty muddy and I would just go alone but I dont want to get stuck. Its definately fun to go there but expect mud for sure!! Anyway I am really wanting to head up there tomorrow (Memorial Day). Is anyone else game?

hey, did you umake it out there?
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #49
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Depending on the weather the rest of the week I might try to hit up Beasley Saturday the 5th.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #50
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Louie,
I have been thinking about Durham Town for the 5th but the drive is about the same from ATL to both. I would be willing to try Beasley. This would be my first real trip off road in several years. I have watched some youtube on Beasley looks pretty nasty, are there easy routes also? I remeber Tellico and you could drive around alot of the crazy stuff. I am unlocked dana 35 on 33 MTZ with nice flex and a little skill. I will check back later this week. I am guessing to much rain will change your plans?
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #51
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Beasly is not a friendly place if there has been a lot of rain. very steep in many places and slippery. Most of the trails have no "drive arounds". you either make it or go back from whence you came. I have been out there when it was fairly dry and had no issues with most of the trails but can readily understand why they close it when it gets muddy. Even when it is dry, there are a number of slippery slopes (just ask flyingbryan about watching guys nearly lose it). I am game for this weekend if it does not rain like hell though :-)

-Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #52
2001SportTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

God I need to hurry up and get new tires. I haven't been to Beasley in a while and I have never taken my jeep there, only a bronco buggy and 4wheelers. It is TONS of fun though. Last time I went we saw a tj with a 2"BB and 31" bfg at's and a stock frontier on 31" MTZ's and they were doing fine, it just took them forever. "The Wall" is something else too.
Unread 06-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #53
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood98 View Post
Louie,
I have been thinking about Durham Town for the 5th but the drive is about the same from ATL to both. I would be willing to try Beasley. This would be my first real trip off road in several years. I have watched some youtube on Beasley looks pretty nasty, are there easy routes also? I remeber Tellico and you could drive around alot of the crazy stuff. I am unlocked dana 35 on 33 MTZ with nice flex and a little skill. I will check back later this week. I am guessing to much rain will change your plans?
Usually when it's been raining a lot the USDA will close it to keep folks safe and the run-off down. Depending on how the rain goes I'll keep everyone posted. As of right now its open. With your setup you should be able to get through a good bit. Some of the hill climbs might be a problem because of traction but you can always back down the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJ-Jer View Post
Beasly is not a friendly place if there has been a lot of rain. very steep in many places and slippery. Most of the trails have no "drive arounds". you either make it or go back from whence you came. I have been out there when it was fairly dry and had no issues with most of the trails but can readily understand why they close it when it gets muddy. Even when it is dry, there are a number of slippery slopes (just ask flyingbryan about watching guys nearly lose it). I am game for this weekend if it does not rain like hell though :-)

-Jerry
Sounds good guys. I have been wanting to try out my new KM2's to see how they perform. I do have q question though, do any of y'all have a winch? It's next on my wish list but probably won't get one till the end of Summer.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 06-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #54
flyingbrian
2010 JK Wrangler 

I think this weekend is a wash...we are still in the middle of spring T-storms.I'm sure late June and July will have plenty of dry spells.

when we went in April it was by luck that it hasn't rain in 10 days..
flyingbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2010, 05:21 AM   #55
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrian View Post
I think this weekend is a wash...we are still in the middle of spring T-storms.I'm sure late June and July will have plenty of dry spells.

when we went in April it was by luck that it hasn't rain in 10 days..
Yeah I'm watching the news right now and of course a 50% chance of rain everyday through the weekend.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 06-03-2010, 05:54 AM   #56
driftwood98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I may run out to check Durham Town for a few hours on Saturday and save beasley for drier time.
driftwood98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 08:52 AM   #57
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I guess this weekend Beasley is out. If only it would stop raining. With pop-up thunderstorms everyday it's a risk taking a trip up there. If it hadn't been raining all week I would probably go.

Let me know if you guys want to try another weekend.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 06-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #58
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

IM BACK
Lets do something next weekend. I really need to blow up my 258 so I can put in a 360
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #59
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I Wondered if you had dropped off the face of the earth! You still working on the FSJ or gonna hang with the CJ for a while? I am game for something next weekend. If it stays dry near the end of the week, I'd love to go to Beasley Knob. If not, we could head up to Charlie Creek or something. I'm getting a little tired of the Amacolola FS roads. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.

Last edited by YJ-Jer; 06-05-2010 at 09:16 PM..
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #60
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If y'all can wait two weekends I can go somewhere. Next Saturday I have to take my gf to airport because she's heading to Germany. I've been wanting to go to Bealsey but the weather has been crappy (even though it's awesome today).

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.