Doorless? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Doorless?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
olewilly
1989 MJ Comanche 

Doorless?

I've got a 89 Comanche and I've seen pics with doors off and they look B A. Is that legal here in Georgia?

olewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Spideracdc1
1981 CJ5 

Why not I ride doorless in my Cj all the time in GA never had an issue. Just wear a belt.
Spideracdc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have heard arguments about the tub design that makes it legal in a CJ/Wrangler in some states. However, those states make it were you cannot just take the doors off any vehicle and run up and down the road. I am not for sure about how Georgia operates on vehicles other than the obvious.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
RedRyderXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olewilly
I've got a 89 Comanche and I've seen pics with doors off and they look B A. Is that legal here in Georgia?
Do it all the time in my XJ
RedRyderXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
reshibast66

I was told by the GSP you can ride with the doors off as long as there is a "lip". The floor pan cannot be even with opening. This is to keep things from rolling out on the road. As far as the mirrors go:
40-8-72. Mirrors

Every motor vehicle which is so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

While it is legal to drive without side mirrors, a couple policemen told me if I mount side mirrors that most of them wouldn't even bother looking for anything else. I try not to give them a reason to want to pull me over. As you well know, the less attention you draw to yourself the better. Esp if you're driving in Cobb County.
reshibast66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.