Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Doorless?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  reshibast66 
#1 ·
I've got a 89 Comanche and I've seen pics with doors off and they look B A. Is that legal here in Georgia?

#3 ·
I have heard arguments about the tub design that makes it legal in a CJ/Wrangler in some states. However, those states make it were you cannot just take the doors off any vehicle and run up and down the road. I am not for sure about how Georgia operates on vehicles other than the obvious.

#5 ·
I was told by the GSP you can ride with the doors off as long as there is a "lip". The floor pan cannot be even with opening. This is to keep things from rolling out on the road. As far as the mirrors go:
§ 40-8-72. Mirrors

Every motor vehicle which is so constructed or loaded as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.

While it is legal to drive without side mirrors, a couple policemen told me if I mount side mirrors that most of them wouldn't even bother looking for anything else. I try not to give them a reason to want to pull me over. As you well know, the less attention you draw to yourself the better. Esp if you're driving in Cobb County.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.