Cumming GA trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Cumming GA trails

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 04-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
ConnerXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Cumming GA trails

Does anybody know of any trails within a 45 minute drive of the cumming area now that the Windermere trails are being police monitored? I know that there's a place off union hill road off exit 12 but I've heard that the guy who owns the land doesn't like when people wheel over there and isn't very forgiving... I also know of a few other smaller spots but none as good as windy. Lemme know whatchya got!

Flexin' cars for the stars and bars. 'Merica.
ConnerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
darkhelmet
1998 ZJ 

Sheep Wallow is up in Dawsonville....
darkhelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
bigjermLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnerXJ View Post
Does anybody know of any trails within a 45 minute drive of the cumming area now that the Windermere trails are being police monitored? I know that there's a place off union hill road off exit 12 but I've heard that the guy who owns the land doesn't like when people wheel over there and isn't very forgiving... I also know of a few other smaller spots but none as good as windy. Lemme know whatchya got!
It was illegal, so is the other places. Forest Roads and ORV parks is all you got now!
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
goldknight
2008 JK Wrangler 

If you do facebook, people are often posting rides on atlanta-jeepers group. There are a few FS roads within that distance with varying difficulty and can still be a lot of fun. If you are looking for some real challenges it might be best to plan a trip over to some of the parks in Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjermLJ View Post
It was illegal, so is the other places. Forest Roads and ORV parks is all you got now!
Right on Jeremy

Last I heard Sheepwallow road is getting pretty badly rutted and it's becoming so heavily wheeled (especially the parts that aren't the actual road) that I'm afraid it's just a matter of time until it's closed down too.

Larry T (my wife has a green Jeep with a flat black muffler)
goldknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Like they said, Sheepwallow, Nimblewill Gap, Trey Mountain in Helen, Bell Mountain in Hiwassiee, but other than that there really isn't much of anything
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
dahlonegawj
2002 WJ 

I'm with everyone else. I'm in hs and all our "places" are being patrolled. Went to scout an old spot I used to go and passed two cops headed to it right after leaving. DR Grand is right, those are the only places within 2 hours or so.
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #7
ConnerXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the help y'all! And yeah I know most places are illegal to wheel but up until a recent incident the cops overlooked the fact that the Windermere trails were being ridden because they figured people would trespass on property to find other places to wheel.

Flexin' cars for the stars and bars. 'Merica.
ConnerXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.