Columbus, GA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Columbus, GA

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 08-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
zachy1029
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Columbus, GA

any jeepers in columbus, GA? I'm getting bored with wheeling with just one buddy!

Anyone wanna give a struggling college student some free mods?
zachy1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

i dont live there but i am there about everyother weekend visiting my gf who goes to CSU. You know anywhere to ride down there? I only know one other guy and we went and rode at some park this is designed for walkers and bicycles yet they had some random 4x4 small obstacles... not to sure on the legality and probably wont go back for that reason without knowing more
Unread 08-21-2007, 06:50 AM   #3
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Wj

If you want to do more riding, get advice/help in getting what you need for your Jeep look into joining a club. This will help you get more exposure to the off-roading community. I belong to both the Georgia Trail Riders and the Georgia Crawlers, and am on many other forums. Be sure to look at the numerous forums on the internet. Do research on what you want to do to your Jeep and the companies who make the parts. Realize on a limited income it will take longer to "finish", (most are never finished, just always a production in the works), the Jeep. PM me if want want any other info. Welcome to the Jeep family. Good luck with your Project.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #4
Ballzy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

havoc offroad is our local club. I also am looking for more Columbus riders.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member #75
Ballzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:45 PM   #5
zachy1029
2004 LJ Wrangler 

i have been on that site. it gives me this weird error message when i get on about the right language pack being installed. i'm assuming that the site is in english, so i don't know. lol. are there a lot of local jeepers/off roaders in our area?

Unread 08-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
XJ Jeremy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

We are a new club in Newnan, and looking for members!
www.westgeorgiajeepclub.com
XJ Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
Ballzy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachy1029
i have been on that site. it gives me this weird error message when i get on about the right language pack being installed. i'm assuming that the site is in english, so i don't know. lol. are there a lot of local jeepers/off roaders in our area?
i saw something from the admin about that,
Quote:
It was brought to my attention that some users received an error when attempting to register or login.

The message that was reported was:
There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a language of that name.

This issue should now be resolved. If after clearing your web browsers cache you are still experiencing issues, please let me know.

Sorry for the inconvenience

And I see alot of built/muddy jeeps around town, but don't know many of them. I get on several forums to get in on rides and such; Havoc Offroad, southern jeeps, ga trail riders, ga trail runners, georgiacrawlers, and this one I just found mentioned above by jeremy
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:15 PM   #8
zachy1029
2004 LJ Wrangler 

where is there to ride around here? anywhere? i only know of probably one or two spots, besides gay flat rock. oh and havoc is still giving me the error message.

Unread 08-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
XJ Jeremy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Morris Mountain is a great place to ride. http://www.morrismountainorv.com/
XJ Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
Ballzy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachy1029
where is there to ride around here? anywhere? i only know of probably one or two spots, besides gay flat rock. oh and havoc is still giving me the error message.
Sunday, I'm planning to go to the pit. Probably gonna be dry there so not really a pit since we haven't had any rain. Just gimme a call and I'll let you know if it happens. Be careful at Flat Rock, cuz I keep hearing it might be illegal. THe signs only say not to drive on the bkike trails, but I can't get a straight answer.
Unread 08-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #11
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ill see if i can get my girlfriend to find out since she works for the Columbus Sports Council
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:35 PM   #12
zachy1029
2004 LJ Wrangler 

whats the pit?

Unread 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #13
Ballzy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't been there yet, but supposedly it's an open area in Smiths. Some hills and some mud. I didn't get back to Columbus until late Sunday so I didn't get to go. Maybe this weekend I will.
Unread 08-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Ballzy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm planning a trip to Morris Mountain on September 23rd. Gimme a call if you think you might wanna go. Gimme a call anyway so I can try to help you with the site.
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM   #15
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

so how about the pit? looks like yall got some rain lastnight (i drove down through most of it lastnight!). Where is it at, might be something i do, and might even get to put the new winch to the test.

I went to flat rock today to walk my dog after i dropped my GF off at CSU. I have only been there once so my memory is vague BUT looked like some of the mudd holes were filled in and dirt was pushed up in one path that someone said the highschoolers use to go to a place to "make out". So i can going to assume if they are blocking and filling in its probably not legal.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.