Cochran's Falls North Georgia - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Cochran's Falls North Georgia

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 01-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #61
Tick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The 13th sounds good.

Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #62
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

13th is good here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #63
camper49
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabunjeeper View Post
So when is the Tray Mtn trip yall were talking about? I live about 15 miles from there and would love to tag along. I believe that Rockinwrangler and I are going to do the Tray Mtn trail around the begining of Feb. I will check with him and post up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailreadyjp View Post
I would like to throw in Feb 13 as a suggestion. Purely personal because I have to work on the 6th. Just an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotCLAY View Post
The 13th is good for me also. gives me some more time........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
The 13th sounds good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer494 View Post
13th is good here...

Rabunjeeper, I know Rockinwrangler (Mike), sort of. We have a cordial relationship on some forums. I recently told him I'd be interested in joining him one weekend.

One of you fellas need to start a new topic/discussion about this idea. Confirm your date. I might be interested in driving up. I get up to the Dahlonega area a few times a year just to get in the woods, camp, jeep-ride, sometimes backpack. I know a lot of the forest roads between Amicalola and Vogel and Unicoi. The Appalachian Trail (hiking) runs through that area. It's about time for me to go again.

'98 TJ wrangler sport.....gunmetal blue
XJ d30/rubicon TJ d44...33's with popular suspension mods

want to read my build threads...they're long with lots of pictures
camper49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #64
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
13th is good here...
I'm sorry I won't be able to ride along :-( We're heading to the circus that day. Let's get the Big Yellow Brick lifted up on one of these warm days though so I can be ready for the next run!
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #65
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gotclay, Corbin creek and Tray mtn are the same place, and if you guys get a ride together just let me know. I have lead several gatrailriders club rides around up here in the Rabun/ Towns county area. I know all of the f/s roads from Unicoi north to the N.C line. If we ride anywhere south of Unicoi someone else might want to show us around as I'm not to familliar with that area. Here is a pic of our last gathering a few weeks ago on Tallulah river in Rabun County.
Quote:
Originally Posted by camper49 View Post
Rabunjeeper, I know Rockinwrangler (Mike), sort of. We have a cordial relationship on some forums. I recently told him I'd be interested in joining him one weekend.

One of you fellas need to start a new topic/discussion about this idea. Confirm your date. I might be interested in driving up. I get up to the Dahlonega area a few times a year just to get in the woods, camp, jeep-ride, sometimes backpack. I know a lot of the forest roads between Amicalola and Vogel and Unicoi. The Appalachian Trail (hiking) runs through that area. It's about time for me to go again.
nov-1st-gatr-ride-028.jpg  
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #66
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is a video if the gatrailriders at a hillclimb. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWeOlR2LFk
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #67
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New thread started for Feb 13 ride...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...1/#post8698987

Quote:
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #68
mdywglr4x4
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
New thread started for Feb 13 ride...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/...1/#post8698987
I will be there! Excited for that! Thanks for all the pics and video! Can't wait to get out there! A handfull of us are going out next saturday as well!
Unread 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #69
Mkaraty11
2004 KJ Liberty 

how do you get to Cochran Falls? Can anyone pm me some directions to get up there. I want to take my jeep up that way and test out the trails.
Thanks
Mkaraty11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:20 AM   #70
Tick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, Cochran's Falls trail is now foot traffic only. I havent been up there since, but I think YJer confirmed this.

You missed out on a nice ride.
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #71
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It is now but a nice walk :-( ... I may go take a look again to see if the gate was seasonal but according to others the DNR made it clear that this was a permanent closure to motor vehicles.

Quote:
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.