Cochran's Falls North Georgia - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Cochran's Falls North Georgia

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM   #46
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I definitely missed a shot or two due to frozen fingers but I'm glad I got the ones you were looking for. I wish I'd taken one of Clay's front bumper with the ice piled high!

I just pulled the trip off of my Garmin. You can see it here: Garmin Connect -Player for Wheelin' at Amicalola
It's too bad the Google maps aren't detailed enough to show the ruts on Old Bucktown Rd.

Unread 01-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #47
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like a lot of fun. I think I'm going to plan a day trip up there in the next several weeks. I will post up and see if anyone wants to join.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #48
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Looks like you guys had a great time. GA Trail Riders has been doing these rides often in this area, Beasley Knob, and up West of Clayton.

I hope all you guys will join us on GATR - Gatrailriders.com - Georgia's Premier Offroad 4X4 & Jeep Club for local info, rides, and a few more wheeling buddies.
Unread 01-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #49
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Looks like you guys had a great time. GA Trail Riders has been doing these rides often in this area, Beasley Knob, and up West of Clayton.

I hope all you guys will join us on GATR - Gatrailriders.com - Georgia's Premier Offroad 4X4 & Jeep Club for local info, rides, and a few more wheeling buddies.
He's right, come join us on gatrailriders.com . We have done 3 rides in this area in the last 2 months. We are a great group of people that enjoy trails from mild to wild.
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #50
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like fun. I wish I had gotten internet set up early enough to see these posts. We moved to the Fayetteville area right after Christmas, but didn't get internet working until this past Saturday.

If ya'll decide to head up that way some weekend, post up - I'd like to tag along.
Unread 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #51
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So when is the Tray Mtn trip yall were talking about? I live about 15 miles from there and would love to tag along. I believe that Rockinwrangler and I are going to do the Tray Mtn trail around the begining of Feb. I will check with him and post up.
Unread 01-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #52
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabunjeeper View Post
So when is the Tray Mtn trip yall were talking about? I live about 15 miles from there and would love to tag along. I believe that Rockinwrangler and I are going to do the Tray Mtn trail around the begining of Feb. I will check with him and post up.
Sounds like family fun!
Unread 01-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #53
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

How about feb 6th? its the first sat of feb. but of course I am having Cj problems to try to fix before then.
Unread 01-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #54
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotCLAY View Post
How about feb 6th? its the first sat of feb. but of course I am having Cj problems to try to fix before then.
Where would we be wheeling? Cochran Falls or Tray Mtn? Where is Tray Mtn?

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #55
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Where would we be wheeling? Cochran Falls or Tray Mtn? Where is Tray Mtn?
Tray mtn is in Helen Ga. Lil rocky but otherwise not too rough. You have to drive in 4lo 1st gear because of the bouncing and rocking back and forth. But it is a pretty ride through there.
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #56
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Clay,
you've spent some time on the trails up that way. Are there any up there that would be more fun than Tray Mountain? I think it would be fun but was wondering if you have been on others up that way that you would suggest.

And shoot me a PM if you need a hand with the CJ repairs before the 6th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #57
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep Trails - Google Maps

click on the last link on the left

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #58
MudDuck99
2014 JK Wrangler 

ARE YOU guys going this weekend? I was going to go to Windrock but i would like to visit some place different.
MudDuck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 03:35 AM   #59
trailreadyjp
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotCLAY View Post
I would like to throw in Feb 13 as a suggestion. Purely personal because I have to work on the 6th. Just an option.
trailreadyjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #60
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

The 13th is good for me also. gives me some more time. its been to damn to turn wrenches on a jeep. I have done a few trails up there it might take me a little to track them back down though. Corbin creek rd is a good trail it has been a long time though. Sorry I cant send or receive Pm.s my membership has expired and Im broke as my cj. I will check in here for updates. Lets try for the 13 if thats ok with enough people. Tell your other halfs that what you want for V day.

Last edited by gotCLAY; 01-14-2010 at 05:08 PM..
gotCLAY is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.