Cochran's Falls North Georgia - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Cochran's Falls North Georgia

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #31
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Now that you mention it, I recall you saying the site was down (old age is murder on the brain cells).

Someone mentioned Trays Mountain. Sounds like a good time to me. Now that college football season is over, I've got nuttin but free weekends until August.

dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #32
gotCLAY
1984 CJ7 

Tray mountain it is. You have to give the Cj guy time to fix his heater, tail pipe, mirrors, O forget it this list could go on for a week. Im ready lets go now.
Unread 01-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #33
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

great pics all. thanks a bunch for posting them. next time I will bring my camera and return the favor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #34
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well the CJ guy has to help me do my lift first....
Unread 01-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #35
RockinWrangler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you guys and gals had a great ride.. Next time I am up that way maybe we can get together.
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #36
rabunjeeper
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like you guys had a great time, I will have to check this out.
rabunjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #37
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My few pics...

Unread 01-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #38
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

And a couple of videos of Jerry in the ice but I can't figure out how to embed 'em so here are the URLs

Left to Right and Right to Left
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #39
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

so is it just dirt roads up there with some small puddles or what? Looks fun nontheless...

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #40
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

RubiOR,

Thanks for the pics. I signed in to send you a PM to see if you had any pics of my green TJ.

For those of you who weren't there the green TJ with the hard top (3rd & 4th from the bottom of RubiOR's series of pics in post #37), is completely stock with 31" Uniroyal all weather tires and driven by one of my 19 year old son's who was on his first ever wheelin excursion. The dark blue TJ pic that follows is his twin brother driving his own TJ (first time for him too).

Thanks to all who attended for helping make it a great trip.
Unread 01-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #41
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler2007 View Post
so is it just dirt roads up there with some small puddles or what? Looks fun nontheless...
It was a little more than that. One branch of the road had some decent ruts to negotiate while avoiding the 100 ft drop. The other branch (the one that lead to the puddle) had 50-60 yd stretch of ice that was a couple inches thick and very slick (again with the requisite 100 ft drop into the abyss).

Last edited by dualtjs; 01-03-2010 at 01:12 PM..
Unread 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #42
Tick
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler2007 View Post
There were a few mud holes, some rocks and ruts to navigate around the top where the plane crash plaque is located. I think it was more about several Jeep enthusiasts getting together with family and friends and having an outdoor adventure. Sometimes you like to explore the outdoors alone and sometimes you like to share those experiences with others, and even better, sometimes you make some like minded friends along the way.

You should join us when we explore Tray mountain next time!
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #43
RubiOR
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualtjs View Post
RubiOR,
Thanks for the pics. I signed in to send you a PM to see if you had any pics of my green TJ.
I posted all I have on the phone. I tried to get at least one of everyone but my fingers froze a couple of times & I missed my shot :-/
Unread 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #44
wrangler2007
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I will as soon as I can! Sounds like a great time! I'm working on getting mh 8.8 swap underwater and then I can join you guys

08 F150 5.4L, Super 40 SIDO, Roush Grille, Edge Evolution, Truxport, 2.5" AS Level, 1.5" AAL, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers
wrangler2007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #45
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiOR View Post
I posted all I have on the phone. I tried to get at least one of everyone but my fingers froze a couple of times & I missed my shot :-/
I didn't mean to imply that I was looking for more. You got 2 great shots of my son in my green TJ.

I was glad to see that you didn't drop your phone in the puddle. As cold as it was, you fingers had to be completely numb by the time Mark's XJ did it's 3 trips through the puddle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.