CB call signs, culture etc. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > CB call signs, culture etc.

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Question CB call signs, culture etc.

so um... you guys have CB callsigns or is that like... private?

also wondering how many of you use CB outside the trails and what kind of range you expect/estimate you get?

any rules i should know before hopping in?

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone I know up here leaves theirs off until they hit the trail. Sometimes if I get another Jeep beside me with a CB I'll flip mine on and run the channels but besides that it stays off.
Unread 06-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
misterpookie

1999 TJ Wrangler 

noted.

admittedly, after watching the episode of top gear where they came to the US i am a bit wary of the CB since they said it basically amounts to truckers talking about where to find hookers?

but i also notice a lot of clubs require them, and i could see the amusement in it, i guess.

CRAWLEY'S STORY <3 (sort of a build thread)
FOR SALE: SOFT TOP WITH FRAME FROM A 99
misterpookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
dahlonegawj
2002 WJ 

I run mine when I'm with someone else that has it, or am stuck in traffic and just listening for a trucker to mention what's going on.
dahlonegawj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.