Camping with Trails in NE Georgia - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Camping with Trails in NE Georgia

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Camping with Trails in NE Georgia

A few of my buddies and I want to go camping for the weekend and hit some trails. Does anybody have advise on where we could hit some trails with the jeeps and enjoy camping for while we are there? I have heard there are some good places around tray mountain to ride and camp. Any direction would be great guys.

Thanks

ThirdNcountin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here is a link to all of the North GA Forestry Roads. There are great camp sites North of Helen on the creeks, and some more above Lake Burton.

Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest- Maps
Unread 03-30-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've read of some folks riding/camping at Amicalola Falls and/or Cochran Falls. There's a few threads in this forum about it.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
ThirdNcountin
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah. I've read about some of the trails. I just want to make sure they are worth riding on and not just riding on a dirt road. I grew up around Lake Burton and know some of the POSTED trails, however I am wanting to avoid them. Thanks for the info. I think we are going to camp somewhere N. of Helen and search for trails.
ThirdNcountin is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

Most Forest Service roads are like gravel/dirt roads. There are some that are more remote and rutted out. Some with large mud holes.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.