Augusta, Georgia mechanic? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Augusta, Georgia mechanic?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Lpjackson
2005 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotZeeJay
Hey Lpjackson,

I'm glad I was able to help you out, and I hope that a new O2 sensor will fix your sputtering/jerking issue!

If I were you, I'd call the shop I told you about tomorrow morning and tell him you think you need a new oxygen sensor. Tell him the code you're getting, the symptoms you're having, and if you feel like you need to; you can print out this thread if you need help explaining the issue. He'll probably want to take a look at it just in case to be sure it's the O2 sensor; and then go from there. He'll be honest with you and won't try and charge you for things you don't need.

Let me know if I can do anything else, and good luck!

-Steve
Thank you Steve, I will call first thing in the morning. Will keep you posted. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help.

Lpjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #17
Lpjackson
2005 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpjackson

Thank you Steve, I will call first thing in the morning. Will keep you posted. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of your help.
Hi Steve, I called the guy this morning you told me about and explained the problem with him and told him you told me to call. He said it could be a number of things including sensors and catalytic converter. He said I could bring it in and would charge me 95.00 to diagnose the problem and if it is a sensor or sensors it would be between 190.00 to 275.00 for each sensor on top of the 95.00 to see what the problem is and if its a catalytic converter the cheapest would be 1100.00. So needless to say that is way out of my range. Those are the same prices the dealership charges. So I am thinking maybe I have no choice but to take it to the dealer and pay them 95.00 for a complete diagnosis of the problem and go from there. Any ideas? Thanks again for your help.
Lpjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
RedHotZeeJay
1998 ZJ 

Hey there Lpjackson,

That's a whole lot higher than I expected. If I were you, I'd take it to the shop you called this morning and have them diagnose it for you. The dealer will probably try and tell you all kinds of things need to be replaced. Once the shop diagnoses the issue, you can go from there.

I really think its just one Oxygen sensor (the code is only bank #2) that's causing your problem. Hopefully that's the case and you'll be able to avoid having to shell out so much money at once.

Good luck!
RedHotZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
RedHotZeeJay
1998 ZJ 

Hey Lpjackson,

I just wanted to check up and see how everything went! I hope you got everything taken care of.

Hope you and your Jeep are doing well,

Stephen.
RedHotZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.