Atlanta Area Off-Road Shop - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Atlanta Area Off-Road Shop

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 12-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #16
MeltdWhiskey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

War Eagle!!!

there are a few off road shops ....but for some reason, it won't let me post them. ....just google it ..you'll get some hits.

MeltdWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 01:08 AM   #17
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just e-mailed Danny from Allsouth Autosports about dropping by and checking out the shop. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty psyched about finding a good shop and hope their place is as good as what I've been hearing.

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #18
Mitchell1789
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA_TJ_1868
Just e-mailed Danny from Allsouth Autosports about dropping by and checking out the shop. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty psyched about finding a good shop and hope their place is as good as what I've been hearing.
I have a feeling you won't be disappointed. I might even see you there!

-04 5spd rubi on 35's- gone
-95 5spd XJ on 32's- Gone
Mitchell1789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA_TJ_1868
The shop is nothing special, just a warehouse with some lifts and show cars in there, but the work they do is great. They do have a pretty badass rock garden though.
Unread 12-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #20
Mitchell1789
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel01TJ
The shop is nothing special, just a warehouse with some lifts and show cars in there, but the work they do is great. They do have a pretty badass rock garden though.

Oh yeah, the shop is located behind Allsouth sprinkler company, and is just an extra building that they do work out of. No signs or anything on the road so you have to know it's there to get to it. Cool guys and good work though. Im going to maybe get a catback and a pre-axle turndown in a few days!!!

-04 5spd rubi on 35's- gone
-95 5spd XJ on 32's- Gone
Mitchell1789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2008, 06:53 AM   #21
FutureJK

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to give another recommendation to Allsouth. I needed all new bearings in the D35 and because of this thread called them. They did the work for much less than Southern Off Road or 4 Wheel Parts quoted and the customer service was excellent. I'll definitely be using them again in the future.
FutureJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #22
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

my experience with stsOFFROAD buford, GA

Just wanted to make y'all aware of a not so positive experience I had with stsOFFROAD. Included is an e-mail just sent the owner. Hopefully it's not too harsh, I was just really upset over the whole thing.

stsOFFROAD
truck & SUV center
Terry L> Fretwell (owner)
www.stsoffroad.com

Mr. Fretwell-

I had heard your business mentioned on jeepforum.com and driving by one afternoon I figured I'd stop in and see what you were about. I was very dissapointed. Honestly, it felt as though you and your staff treated me as just some ordinary college aged kid with a jeep my parents pay for when you couldn't be more wrong.

As soon as I walked in I wasn't greeted at all despite being the only one in the place. Finally, when I made my way up to your desk your sales consultant Aleisha treated me as though I was taking away from her computer time. Then you walked in to the room, and without even acknowledging me you began complaining about some mud a customer before me tracked in. I eventually asked you about a 1" body lift to which you quoted me some rediculous price I knew couldn't be right. You also stated, "well I hope that isn't your jeep out there with all the mud on it because I'll have to charge more to clean that off." Seriously? First off, you really think I'd bring my ride in to have work done to it covered in mud? Second, YOU'RE AN OFFROAD SHOP! Big deal if there's mud on a jeep or heaven forbid someone did track in mud that an assistant may have to clean up!

I honestly thought you were kidding at first but then you said I should get a 3" body lift instead of a 1" which every jeeper knows is absolutely not the best option at all and some argue is dangerous and looks absolutely retarded. Needless to say I left your "offroad shop" disheartened. I really just expected a nice introduction and a "what can I do for you?" since I'm looking for a shop to have many more mods done in the future. Even after I told you I read and post on jeepforum.com where many others do as well it seemed as though you could care less. So because of that I'm posting this message directly to the forum so that other jeep owners can read.

I don't expect a thing from you or your shop, I really just want you to know that you lost a potential customer and most importantly looks aren't always as they seem, just because I look like a 21 year old that has his parents money to do with what I like doesn't necessarily mean I'm not actually a part time student working full time overnight trying to find a decent reputable shop to work on a big time hobby of mine.

-Stephen

any of y'all gotten any work done by them? I forget what he quoted me to install a 1"BL but I do remember the price was $65/hour and he quoted me more than a few hours work.

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:26 PM   #23
RockJeep
SirRocks'A'Lot

check out www.classiccityoffroad.com they are in Athens, not far from atlanta. They are also a vendor on this board CCOR.
Later,
Bobby
Unread 03-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #24
Slippery
2009 JK Wrangler 

I can highly recommend OFF ROAD ATLANTA. Walter has been working on 4WD's since the 70's. He only works Monday-Thursday, and is reasonably priced, but will do it right.
OFF ROAD ATLANTA
East Point, GA (Near the Atlanta Airport)
404-768-9507
Slippery is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.