ATL area Jeepers: Holiday Wheelin Anyone? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > ATL area Jeepers: Holiday Wheelin Anyone?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-28-2007, 01:41 PM   #31
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

cant wait for tomorrow. Some of our guys are already headed up there. Ill be there at 8 A.m. Probably the only JK in my group.

Unread 12-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #32
PiKA_TJ_1868
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If I didn't have to work I would be there! Y'all have a good time.

'97 White TJ Sahara, 4.0L, Auto, 2" BB, 32X11.5R15 BFG A/T KO's, KC foglights, Alpine head unit/ type S speakers, XM, iPod direct connect, Bestop Sunrider (spice)

White Jeep Club Member #1868
PiKA_TJ_1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #33
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

it was good. the trails were muddy and wet from all the rain. Slickrock was backed up big time. We were the second group to make it there. Infront of use were 4 Rhino's all trying to make it up Slickrock. it took them nearly 2.5 hours to do it as Rigs backed way up on the trail. My group made it up pretty quick. The top was rediculous. They covered the ledge with dirty to it was an uphill mud bog that everyone had to pull a cable to get up.
Unread 12-30-2007, 08:01 PM   #34
TJ35811
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm
it was good. the trails were muddy and wet from all the rain. Slickrock was backed up big time. We were the second group to make it there. Infront of use were 4 Rhino's all trying to make it up Slickrock. it took them nearly 2.5 hours to do it as Rigs backed way up on the trail. My group made it up pretty quick. The top was rediculous. They covered the ledge with dirty to it was an uphill mud bog that everyone had to pull a cable to get up.
We got to slickrock Midday on Friday and there were 9 in our group. We were still winching up the twisting mud bog at the top in torrential rain in the dark Friday eve about 6pm. 3 guys in our group did not have winches and I had a 4 door JK strapped to my rear bumper as I winched out. We had to use 3-4 winch points to get us out of that deep muck. One of the most wicked nasty miserable cold nights of my life and one of the most memorable and best times as well. Priceless!
2004 Rubicon, 6" Lift, 35x12.5 Mickey Thompson Baja MTz's, Poison Spyder Crusher Corners, Tube Fenders and Rocker Knockers, Medic TT and Eng Skid, Kilby Gas Skid, Rockhard Trail Cage, Warn XD9000I Winch.
TJ35811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:41 AM   #35
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ35811
We got to slickrock Midday on Friday and there were 9 in our group. We were still winching up the twisting mud bog at the top in torrential rain in the dark Friday eve about 6pm. 3 guys in our group did not have winches and I had a 4 door JK strapped to my rear bumper as I winched out. We had to use 3-4 winch points to get us out of that deep muck. One of the most wicked nasty miserable cold nights of my life and one of the most memorable and best times as well. Priceless!
i cant imagine doing that during the rain. Hell it was too slick to walk on Saturday afternoon. One guy in our group didnt have a winch so we had to get someone up to the top of the hill, turn around and run his cable off a snatch block to pull the guy around the curve. A miserable yet memorable time for sure!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.