ATL area Jeepers: Holiday Wheelin Anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > ATL area Jeepers: Holiday Wheelin Anyone?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-17-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

ATL area Jeepers: Holiday Wheelin Anyone?

I am bored as hell, and aside from hunting and going to the gym, I just sit around. If anyone in the Atlanta area wants to help me organize a run let me know. Send me a pm and we can get something going.

Unread 12-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

i know GA Trail Riders are doing a Tellico ride on the 29th and some guys from the group are going to Beasley this friday
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
hecubus
1997 XJ Cherokee 

if you're going somewhere tame on sat (my current ride is bone stock) I'm all over it; lack of an engine skid has me spooked & santa ain't bringing one

(edit: and the very lame tires that came with it)
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i got plenty of recovery gear as long as you got tow hooks or a hitch
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
hecubus
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel01TJ
i got plenty of recovery gear as long as you got tow hooks or a hitch
groovy; with a few days notice I can go anytime sat or sun.

side note: I will be peppering you with questions about your choice of tires, they are on my short list
Unread 12-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #6
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hecubus
groovy; with a few days notice I can go anytime sat or sun.

side note: I will be peppering you with questions about your choice of tires, they are on my short list
i can help you out a little on tires...i've only ridden on a select few mts. what part of atlanta are you in?
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #7
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

where are yall planning to ride? I might be interested in going also. Unless Mile Marker gets me a new solenoid for the winch by Saturday ill be winchless though
Unread 12-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Keep us posted where y'all are planning on going. I'm really wanting to get back on the trails. Only problem is it looks like everyone is going to be modified besides me. I'm in a CJ with only 31" tires and no winch. If you plan on going somewhere tame, I may be up for it on Saturday. I know I can do a couple trails in Tellico without problem, but anywhere else is going to be a shot in the dark for me.

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be willing to go to Tellico, just keep me informed where ya'll want to go, and what's easiest for you and we can go from there.
Unread 12-18-2007, 11:44 PM   #10
hecubus
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I have the factory "big wheel package, 30" crap tires 3.73 gears" plus all the normal tow points (two up front and one on the rear bumper. I'm also not a newbie off-road so hopefully they won't come into play...other then that I'm beyond fired up to get this virgin jeep dirty

let's settle on saturday & spend the next few days debating over where...I'm coming from brookhaven (ITP) but can leave at anytime sat morning, e.g the closest to atl the better but I'm game for anywhere within ~2.5 hours

edit: the PO had a huge amount of audio wires running through this jeep I yanked out plus zero evidence of off-road action...it really is a virgin jeep; I plan on fixing that

Last edited by hecubus; 12-18-2007 at 11:55 PM..
hecubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have the factory "big wheel package, 30" crap tires 3.73 gears" plus all the normal tow points (two up front and one on the rear bumper. I'm also not a newbie off-road so hopefully they won't come into play...other then that I'm beyond fired up to get this virgin jeep dirty

let's settle on saturday & spend the next few days debating over where...I'm coming from brookhaven (ITP) but can leave at anytime sat morning, e.g the closest to atl the better but I'm game for anywhere within ~2.5 hours

edit: the PO had a huge amount of audio wires running through this jeep I yanked out plus zero evidence of off-road action...it really is a virgin jeep; I plan on fixing that
The date is set then (giving that we got enough people going), let's just figure out where to go and where/when to meet up (I'm about 25 min north of atl in the Suwanee area). Morris Mountain is also an option, its a little closer than Tellico (about 25 miles southwest of GA/AL border), if we do decide on Morris Mountain let me know so that I can call and RSVP. Lets start a list of everyone that is planning on going.
1. daniel01tj (Daniel)
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #12
hecubus
1997 XJ Cherokee 

morris mtn. looks perfect, count me in.
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
hecubus
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb4000
Keep us posted where y'all are planning on going. I'm really wanting to get back on the trails. Only problem is it looks like everyone is going to be modified besides me. I'm in a CJ with only 31" tires and no winch. If you plan on going somewhere tame, I may be up for it on Saturday. I know I can do a couple trails in Tellico without problem, but anywhere else is going to be a shot in the dark for me.
we're in the same boat; worst case us stockers can head down one of the phisher-price-my-first-trails while the others take a higher rated one for a while.
Unread 12-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

I don't have a clue where Morris Mtn is, someone is going to have to tell me where it is. I live less than a mile from the Tennessee state line so if it's too far, I would have to bail. Remember, I do drive a CJ7, and I'm lucky to make it home sometimes!!! LOL

Quote:
we're in the same boat; worst case us stockers can head down one of the phisher-price-my-first-trails while the others take a higher rated one for a while.
That sounds like a good plan. I really don't want to break anything too far from home.

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #15
daniel01TJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb4000
I don't have a clue where Morris Mtn is, someone is going to have to tell me where it is. I live less than a mile from the Tennessee state line so if it's too far, I would have to bail. Remember, I do drive a CJ7, and I'm lucky to make it home sometimes!!! LOL

That sounds like a good plan. I really don't want to break anything too far from home.
its out I-20 west, 10 miles past the GA/AL border, then south of there about 12 miles...Morris Mountain
I want to get a decent sized group, if not then, we can just plan for another weekend.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.