Any wheelers in the Augusta, GA Area?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Any wheelers in the Augusta, GA Area??

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #1
Mr. Breeze
1997 ZJ 

Any wheelers in the Augusta, GA Area??

I'm about to move to Ft. Gordon from Arizona in November. Anyone from around that area and is there any good places to wheel there? I know it won't be like here but I've gotta ask anyway. I'll have to switch from red AZ rocks to red Georgia mud.

Unread 06-30-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

I think you could be in Tellico in about 2.5 hours...
If you get up north of Atlanta and want to hit the dirt, just give a holler.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

check out www.gatrailriders.com for some local stuff. And dont worry, we still have rocks here!
Unread 06-30-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
And dont worry, we still have rocks here!
Boulders too...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 06-30-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
Mr. Breeze
1997 ZJ 

Sweet!!! I was hoping to hear that.
Unread 06-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
tcox
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
I think you could be in Tellico in about 2.5 hours...
If you get up north of Atlanta and want to hit the dirt, just give a holler.
i dont know about 2.5 hours... its about 2-2.5 hours just to get to atlanta from augusta. another 2.5 to tellico TN from atlanta. however there is a place in south carolina not too far away form augusta that is suposed to be pretty nice.
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
StevenH

I have a buddy stationed at Ft Gordon that is in the AF, drives a red ZJ on 35's. His has a 318 under the hood. Matter of fact he moved here from Arizona so you two might have crossed passed before.

Keep in touch, when you get here we have a local thing going. We are 1 1/2 hrs from some decent wheeling at a few different spots. We have a big ride this weekend, 4th 5th and the 6th if you are in town let me know.

www.usjeeps.com
StevenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
Mr. Breeze
1997 ZJ 

Not gonna be in town til November, but I'm glad to hear about any good wheeling spots that are within a 1.5 to 2 mile radius. You wouldn't by chance have a website that has some pics or reviews of some of these trails (besides Tellico) would you, or anyone here?
Unread 07-01-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

well you have River Rock, Morris Mountain, Mountainside, Beasley Knob, and one or 2 others in Alabama. Not sure on all the websites.

www.riverrockorv.com
www.morrismountainorv.com

Here is a link to GATR photobucket so you can see a lot of the places.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w196/gatrailriders/
Unread 07-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
fast64
1999 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.gulchesorvpark.com/ Thats the closest park to Augusta, about an hour and a half. It takes about 5 hours to get to Tellico, 2 to River Rock, 4 to Morris Mountain.
Unread 07-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #11
StevenH

Theres a legal place to ride at Ft Gordon, there are miles of old washed out roads back there. There are plenty of other spots, theres a membership you can get in to ride some private land legally. River Rock is about an hour and a half from Augusta and Gulches is around the same. There is an ATV/MX park that just dedicated 2000 acres to OHV use, the owner is readily accepting our advice on what kind of trails/terrain will attract offroad enthusiasts, it is about an hour from Augusta.
Unread 07-03-2008, 07:53 AM   #12
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcox View Post
i dont know about 2.5 hours... its about 2-2.5 hours just to get to atlanta from augusta. another 2.5 to tellico TN from atlanta. however there is a place in south carolina not too far away form augusta that is suposed to be pretty nice.
Only took me 2.5 hours to Murphy...

From my house in Canton I can get to Murphy in about 1.25 hours in the Jeep. Takes alot longer if I try to avoid asphalt...

Unread 07-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

getting to murphy is only half the fun. Then you got the long slow drive on FS roads to the pay station and then into Tellico
Unread 07-03-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
getting to murphy is only half the fun. Then you got the long slow drive on FS roads to the pay station and then into Tellico
How did that turn out, by the way? Are they going to pave Davis Creek Rd?
I never got any replies from the Ranger....

Unread 07-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #15
StevenH

Murphy from Augusta is 4.5 hours without messing around. I've done it twice this year and am going back in another month or so, from Augusta

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.