Amicalola tomorrow, 5-18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Amicalola tomorrow, 5-18

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Talking Amicalola tomorrow, 5-18

Well, my new JK turns 4 weeks old tomorrow and it only has about 500 offroad miles on it so far...
It's also my wife's birthday tomorrow.
And we've never been on the Amicalola trails. All good reasons to go, right?

Jeremy (BigJerm) and Derrik (06 Trail Rig) have both said they might come along too.

So, pack a lunch, grab the dog, and meet us at the Chevron at 0900 to wheel a little.
The station is on the corner of 53 and Steve Tate. That's about halfway between 400 and 515; easy to get to for sure.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 04:17 AM   #2
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Dang-it; what's wrong with you folks?

Well, nobody showed; is that newbie treatment or something?
Anyhow, me, the wife, and the dog got out and hit it. I would've felt better on some of the sloppy stuff with another Jeep so I turned around a few times --- wasn't much of anybody out there at all.
We finished up in Chattahoochee NF (as usual) and had fun.

We'll keep trying...

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 05-19-2008, 07:13 AM   #3
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

wish I could have but with moving into the apartment I spent must of my day in Ikea...
Unread 05-19-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

There's always next Sunday...

We're going to torture the Mini on Saturday; I just put a new thermal wrap on the turbo and I want to see how much better it spools and how much cooler the intake runs.
And then relax and find a nice stream or something on Sunday. I need a grill or something for the Jeep...

Unread 05-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am gonna talk to the girlfriend about going somewhere this sunday. You want to run Amicola again and do the parts you didnt want to this time around? She might not come with me but I should be able to get out for a while and she can worry with the little detail set up stuff of the apartment.
Unread 05-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Yeah; it would be good to go there again and have back-up.
Talk her into going; my wife has often been "the only girl" on countless motorcycle and Mini Cooper runs --- I told her that Jeepers bring their ladies along...

Unread 05-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #7
jlr69s
1985 CJ7 

Man! I was just in Blairsville this weekend. Too bad I didn't see this or I would have towed the CJ up! Thats where my wife is from and I frequent there often. I was at the Eagles concert in Alpharetta... AMAZING! What an experience!

You planning on going to River Rock on July 4th weekend?
Dana 30 & AMC 20 differentials, one piece axles
32x11.50 Bridgestone Dueller A/T
jlr69s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr69s View Post
Man! I was just in Blairsville this weekend. Too bad I didn't see this or I would have towed the CJ up! Thats where my wife is from and I frequent there often. I was at the Eagles concert in Alpharetta... AMAZING! What an experience!

Eagles concert?! I was thinking about going but my friends mother went and gave me all her VIP pass's for Country Fair so I went there instead.

I thought about going to River Rock but I am going to Tellico end of June so not sure how money will be sitting for a River Rock trip
Unread 05-19-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr69s View Post
I'm driving the Jeep to Banff/Jasper/Lake Louise, Glacier, Yellowstone, & Rocky Mountain NP in July.
Big mountains.

Unread 05-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

I want to go to YellowStone National Park in WY and visit my friend, gas is just too much though..
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I told you I would go last Sun. and I sent you a pm with my phone # cause my home computer is down and still is I'm on the work pc. I waited all weekend for the phone to ring. Ive got to work this weekend make it for the following Sun. and I'll be there.
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
jlr69s
1985 CJ7 

Man you missed a good one! Those guys are pushing 60, Im sure, and they still rocked it!
Dana 30 & AMC 20 differentials, one piece axles
32x11.50 Bridgestone Dueller A/T
jlr69s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2008, 04:18 AM   #13
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
I told you I would go last Sun. and I sent you a pm with my phone # cause my home computer is down and still is I'm on the work pc. I waited all weekend for the phone to ring. Ive got to work this weekend make it for the following Sun. and I'll be there.
Bummer; sorry. I PM'd you and then tried to call but Verizon no-workie from that area.
I didn't realize you had an internet handicap or I would've called sooner...

Well, how about this Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm View Post
I want to go to YellowStone National Park in WY and visit my friend, gas is just too much though..
Economic stimulus check and motorcycle sale...

Unread 05-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

got to work this sunday how about the next one?
bebout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2008, 09:04 AM   #15
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06trailrig View Post
got to work this sunday how about the next one?
I think we can --- maybe somewhere else though? I've been wanting to go up to Tellico Plains and see what's off the Cherohala Skyway...

I also can't afford to mod or break my rig too much until after the Jasper/Yellowstone trip...
So don't expect me to be too brave yet. I'm still learning...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.