Amicalola Falls, Ga... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Amicalola Falls, Ga...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-14-2007, 07:33 AM   #16
MILTMO

I'd like to meet up on the 29th as well if you guys don't mind.

MILTMO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 07:43 AM   #17
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Sure come on. What are you driving? What part of Georgia? We'll get a plan as it get closer. Understand this will be all legal wheeling, and probably mostly FS type roads. I will bring all my off-road stuff, but doubt if it will be needed. I doubt we'll need a winch. Just a nice ride through the woods. Correct me if I'm wrong. Look forward to seeing y'all
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #18
MILTMO

We have a stock Willys edition Wrangler(note...small road tires). It has never been offroad before and we will be bringing my 10 year old and 4 year old kids when we come...no risk is just fine with us!

I live in Roswell so It shouldn't take me that long to get there.
Unread 09-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #19
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

If I'm not going camping that weekend to Tellico, I sure would be up for a little meet and ride also at the Falls. I'll let y'all know as it gets closer if I can make it, but I would love to.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Josh, that'd be cool if you could make it too. That way you could see my Jeep and possibly Drews (1984 CJ7) to get some ideas on what you wanna do to yours

05 Black Rubicon- RC X-series 4 inch lift, 305/70/16 MTR's
coreydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-16-2007, 07:27 AM   #21
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Corey,

Yeah, I would love to see your Jeeps. I think I finally have a plan on what I'm going to do to it. I'm going to obviously do 1 piece axles in the rear along with some sort of locker (detroit, ox, I haven't decided yet what). And then re-gear at the same time since I'll be in there anyway, probably to 4:11. I'm pretty sure that's going to be it for the moment. Then start saving up for my lift kit and tires. But I definately want to see how you have yours set up.

Josh

Unread 09-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #22
Diehard

2004 WJ 

I can't make it on the 29th. I may be able to do it this Sat. the 22nd. Sorry for the short notice. I may go even if y'all can't. Or we can all do it later like on Sat. Oct. 6th. I can't do the 13th. Things always go awry when you try to plan.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm up for this Saturday. I'm excited and didn't want to wait anyway. How long is it going to take you to get there from Peachtree City?

Unread 09-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #24
MILTMO

I'll see if I can swing it this Saturday as well.
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #25
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

I can't make it this Saturday, I'm going to Tellico this Saturday and Sunday. Anybody is invited if you want to go. I don't know how many I've got going yet, but I'm pretty sure there is at least 1 more Jeep going. I'm heading up on Saturday around 1:30 or 2:00 hopefully and going to set up camp then hit the trails. We will probably do a little night wheeling. And then go back to the campsite and make supper. Sunday, I have to get back earlier than I had hoped to originally, so I'm going to be leaving in the morning around 8 or 9.

Josh

Unread 09-18-2007, 07:01 AM   #26
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Thats funny I was going to Tellico Sat., but the other 3 want to do difficult and my GC isn't able to do some w/o being winched and I don't want to spoil my day or theirs by having to be winched a lot. But I'll be there next week, thats why the change. It should be about 2hrs. I go up 515 to Blue Ridge and see the sign for Amicalola Park/lLodge at 136. Mapquest says to go 400 and that takes 2hrs. No matter I have to go north then east or west depending how I go. I may try the 400 route since it will be some new scenery? Where/when do you want to meet? Never been there, but have seen the website for the lodge and the map. At the entrance? At a restaurant? Here's another map from SJ.

Hope this may help, but from what I have read most of the trails are closed , but a few FS roads are still open.
Unread 09-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #27
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How about 10 or 11 at the top of the falls. Which ever is fine. Once through the main gate- make your first left- towards Lodge. At the top is a parking lot on the right. We run channel 30 on the CB's. Let me know

Unread 09-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #28
Diehard

2004 WJ 

10 sounds good. And I see the parking lot, ( Appalachain Trail Lot), on the map at the website. Correct? The one to the left at the Rt.52 Park entrance. If not which one? How long do you think we'll ride? See you there. Thanks.
Unread 09-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #29
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

10 it is. Let's meet at the visitors center ( it has bathrooms). It's on the right once you pass through the main gate off 52. We'll probably ride 2-3 hrs. MILTMO, are you gonna make it too?

Unread 09-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #30
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Visitor's center it is. 2-3 hrs. is good. I'd like to be back by around 4:00-5:00. Beat some of the traffic. I hope Miltmo makes it. Thanks for making the trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.