Amicalola Falls, Ga... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > Amicalola Falls, Ga...

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Cj Amicalola Falls, Ga...

I'm thinking of going there tomorrow. I know how to get to the park, but where are the trails that are supposed to be decent? I've never been there before, so my wife and I were going to head down there just to get away for a day. I will be going through the park, so we can have a nice picnic. Do you just go through the park and you end up on the trails? Or are they more like service roads? Which would be fine with me, like I said, just going somewhere to get away. Thanks for any help.

Josh

My Club is http://www.co-jo.webs.com/
wjb4000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't see this post until this afternoon, I could have told you all you needed to know, sorry. Well, how was your trip?

05 Black Rubicon- RC X-series 4 inch lift, 305/70/16 MTR's
coreydiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Coreydiver,
we ended up going into the park, which cost us $3. We didn't stay real long because we were in sandals and not shoes for hiking, so there wasn't really anywhere we could go besides to the lodge and drove around the park a little. Anyway, I never did find where there were any trails. I had my Garmin GPS with me, but that didn't show any forest roads in the area. I know I read somewhere that you can get to them off Roy Rd, and I saw that road, but I wouldn't have a clue where I was going anyway!! What's the easiest way to get to the trails if you are coming from Chatsworth area? I live just north of Dalton, less than a mile from the Ga/Tn state line.

Thanks, Josh

Unread 09-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you're coming in from the north on 52, Roy Rd would be the easiest. I followed the directions I got off southernjeeps.org, We usually go in through the park now- take a left when you get to the top off hill going towards the top off the falls(towards the campsites), then take a right. You'll drive past some rental cabins and then the road will turn to dirt. That's where the the trails start. We go almost every weekend, so If you wanted, we could show you around. We've got 2 CJ's and a Trooper going up in the morning.

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Too bad I didn't see your reply last night, or I probably would have taken you up on that. Thanks for the invite and the link to the directions. I'll have to take a look at those and find out where to get to them. Maybe we'll try to hook up sometime in the near future and head out there. What are the trails like out there? How long would it take to go through all of them?

Again, thanks for the reply and the invite.

Josh

Unread 09-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #6
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The trails aren't that bad unless you want them to be. I took the hard way today and went through a nasty rut. My girlfriend freaked out thinking we were going to flip- not even close!! It was awesome. I did have to back down because the diffs were sitting on the high side of the ruts, first time I had to back up and take a different line- the other guys loved that!! We rode about 3 1/2 hrs today, kinda of a long time to bounce around in an old CJ. We usually pick a few trails to ride and it takes about 2hrs. Let me know if you wanna come one weekend, we have a great time. My brother brings 2 of his kids so you gotta watch what you say over the CB- they LOVE trail riding!

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

I'll be sure to give you a shout next time I have a free weekend or whatever that I can get down there. I have to get my CB antennas fixed. The antenna cables have been pulled from the antennas and so they're not making a good connection now.

Do you and your buddies ever make it up to tellico? I love hitting the easy trails up there. I try to get up there at least once a month. I didn't get to go in august because it was WAY too hot for no a/c. If y'all ever go to tellico or anywhere else around here, I'm always trying to find some friends to hit the trails with, usually on saturdays. Sundays are hard for me since that's really my only day to do yard work and shopping!! (I go to church on Saturdays) But, I don't mind getting out in nature and having fellowship with friends on my church day!

Speaking of tellico, I'm planning on going up there during the Dixie Run this year, but just to watch. It's the 1st weekend in October.

Is there anywhere else that y'all ride that is decent?

Josh

Unread 09-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

I was also going to ask you if you had any pictures of you guys on the trails at amicalola? I would just like to see what it looks like.

Thanks,
Josh

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We haven't been to Tellico yet. Very interested. We're gonna hit Beasley Knob in a few weeks- it's in Blairsville. What is the Dixie Run? I'm gonna check on some pictures for you.

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #10
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Dixie Run is the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA) annual get together at Tellico. If you want to run in the group, you have to pay, that's why I don't run, I just watch. You see some crazy stuff up there with these guys.

I'm also trying to plan on hitting tellico in the next couple of weeks (Sept 21-22), if you're interested, let me know. I will probably go camping on friday night and come back saturday after a trail run, that is, if I can make it back Saturday!!

Let me know when you're hitting Beasley knob, I might have to go out there. I've only been there once as a passenger in a Land Rover, and I was quite impressed with the ability of the Rover.

Thanks,
Josh

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
havin_a_ball

thanks..from Atlanta,

I'll check that out this fall...
havin_a_ball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #12
wjb4000
2011 JK Wrangler 

Havin_a_ball, if you're talking about the Dixie Run, it is happening the first weekend in October (5,6,7 I think). Anyway, I'm PLANNING on going. Unless something drastic comes up, I'll be there.

Josh

Unread 09-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #13
Diehard

2004 WJ 

Question Ride?

I'm going up to the Falls in Nov. for a 2day meeting. I'd like to go up there before nov. to take a look around. I could go on Sat. the 29th. Just a ride up there and around whatever trails are still open and the FS roads if any are open. Maybe do lunch in between riding.

Anybody interested? I'd prefer not going alone, but if they're like FS roads I'm sure going alone is no problem, just havinf company would be nice. Thanks.

Been to Tellico and going back. Good place, but a constant off-road ride.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #14
coreydiver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll go. I'd probably be there anyway. I'd like to wheel with some new people. You're a diver? I'm a PADI Divemaster.

Unread 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM   #15
Diehard

2004 WJ 

As it get s closer to the 29th I'll pm you, or you can pm me. I use to dive a lot till my accident. I have been in a pool. I'm quite boyant now. Tough part is doing a surface dive, w/o weights, and getting deeper and staying there. Kind of have found off-roading as a my new hobby. Look forward to riding with you. Thanks for the reply.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.