about to move need some spots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > Georgia Jeep Forum > about to move need some spots

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
mikeyjeod

about to move need some spots

i am moving to hinesville/Savannah, ga area from colorado and i am looking for some trails/camping areas. anyone have any spots semi near there?

mikeyjeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There is plenty of places to camp down that ways but all of the big trails are in north GA
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
mikeyjeod

well ga isnt exactly a big state lol are there places where there are trails/shooting areas/ and camping? in colorado i have a handful of these fantastic locations and i am hoping that ga has the same to offer
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyjeod
well ga isnt exactly a big state lol are there places where there are trails/shooting areas/ and camping? in colorado i have a handful of these fantastic locations and i am hoping that ga has the same to offer
There are none that I know that allow all three. The state has public shooting ranges at WMAs but they don't have trails or places to camp. The only place that I know of to do all three is Durhamtown 4x4 park but that would be about a 5 hour drive for you.

You won't find any places here even close to what your use to or as good as what your use to.
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
mikeyjeod

well that is just a big let down lol all well. know of any good place to shoot past 500m ? do you know of any that have trails/fishing/ and camping? ill go for 2nd prize
Unread 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #6
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyjeod
well that is just a big let down lol all well. know of any good place to shoot past 500m ? do you know of any that have trails/fishing/ and camping? ill go for 2nd prize
There is a new range in Blakely GA that has a 2400 meter range and they are suppose to hold a lot of sniper style matches and F class out there. There is a range called Gunsite hill close to Athens that is out to 700 yards and then a few F class matches that are 1000 yards.

I personally don't know of any that have all three but someone else here might know of some. I only know of places to fish and camp. It's hard to find places to crawl here now. Most are dirt hills and mud runs.
Unread 05-09-2012, 03:44 AM   #7
mikeyjeod

where is good fishing/camping? ill take what i can get i guess lol
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
guncrazy72
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Everything I know of is all in north GA so a long way from you. GA has all of their state parks listed on the Internet so I'm sure you can find closer ones to you.

Post this same thing in the FL section. Your pretty close to them so they might have places there that have what your looking for.
Unread 05-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
mikeyjeod

will do thank for that, i completely forgot fl was right there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.