Where are the trails to ride at in South Carolina - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Where are the trails to ride at in South Carolina

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #31
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

I have no recovery points. Ive been meaning to get some tow hooks. I have never really done too much offroading. Still new to this jeep thing haha and I have just regular 245 70 16. No a/t or m/t

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/newtongts-wj-build-1165332/
NewtonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #32
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey im from spartanburg. what size tires u running. Ive got 33 mtr/ks on my tj it does almost everything just fine.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #33
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Hey im from spartanburg. what size tires u running. Ive got 33 mtr/ks on my tj it does almost everything just fine.
just 245 70 16. with 2.5 lift

My Build:
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #34
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh I was asking the person that posted before you on the last page sorry lol.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 06:46 AM   #35
XJtudor
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
I have no recovery points. Ive been meaning to get some tow hooks. I have never really done too much offroading. Still new to this jeep thing haha and I have just regular 245 70 16. No a/t or m/t
My second trip offroad was with a Jeep Jamboree, and tow hooks are required for those. I use a frame-mounted class III receiver for my recovery point on the rear. I wouldn't know where to safely attach the strap without tow hooks if the need arose.

I was running 235/75R15 tires when I installed my two-inch lift. They were cheap tires, relatively speaking, and two had tread separation; but it was still an expensive decision to upgrade to five (gotta have a full-size spare for the trail) new BFG AT KO 31-inch tires. I went with all-terrain tires because I was still using the vehicle as my daily driver at that time, wanted to keep the noise and vibes down, and as now, rarely went offroad. Unfortunately, I can't afford to switch to mud tires now.

Besides your lift, do you have any other planned modifications for your Jeep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Hey, Mountain Man. I'm sending you a private message so we don't hi-jack NewtonGT's thread.
XJtudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #36
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

I got the lift installed and Im buying my rear extended sway bar links this week. also im trying to get some tow hooks out of the junk yard but as of right now the funds are running low lol

My Build:
Unread 02-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #37
XJtudor
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
I got the lift installed and Im buying my rear extended sway bar links this week. also im trying to get some tow hooks out of the junk yard but as of right now the funds are running low lol
I understand completely. Getting a jeep trail-ready can be an expensive and slippery slope. And there are a lot of opinions about what's necessary to go off road.

BTW, I just read in a Georgia thread that there's a place called Durhamtown Plantation about 2 1/2 hours south of Greenville, a little ways past Athens. That's a half hour closer than Uwharrie NF in NC, and they say Durhamtown has 20 miles of OHV trails, I believe.

Still, Gulches ORV Park is only about an hour from Greenville, and we need to support them if we want to keep this local park from shutting down.

Last edited by XJtudor; 02-07-2011 at 05:43 AM..
XJtudor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.