Where are the trails to ride at in South Carolina - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Where are the trails to ride at in South Carolina

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gulches is great. There is also supposed to be some place out in Easley but I don't know where. Where are the places in Spartanburg?

fsSnowboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #17
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsSnowboard View Post
Gulches is great. There is also supposed to be some place out in Easley but I don't know where. Where are the places in Spartanburg?
I have no clue. im trying to find the places in easley
NewtonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #18
carolinatj
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The place in Easley was Rice's Creek. It is no longer open. Gulches is in Laurens, other than that Uwharrie and Coal Creek are your other options that are legal, both are about 3 hours from Greenville.
carolinatj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:46 PM   #19
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinatj View Post
The place in Easley was Rice's Creek. It is no longer open. Gulches is in Laurens, other than that Uwharrie and Coal Creek are your other options that are legal, both are about 3 hours from Greenville.
haha I choose gulches then
Unread 01-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
sc_russ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There's fruit mountain in Easley but its not much just mud holes. There is a big rock though, I would think you would need some more lift though.
sc_russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2011, 12:49 AM   #21
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_russ View Post
There's fruit mountain in Easley but its not much just mud holes. There is a big rock though, I would think you would need some more lift though.
did you go to wren?
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:48 AM   #22
sc_russ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
did you go to wren?
Yep sure did class of 09
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #23
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Yep sure did class of 09
this is wes newton
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:56 AM   #24
sc_russ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Wow this Russell Brown how you been?
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #25
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

you replied to something the other day and I didnt put two and two together then I was like that is russell brown man haha. pretty good man. how about you?
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:02 AM   #26
sc_russ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you replied to something the other day and I didnt put two and two together then I was like that is russell brown man haha. pretty good man. how about you?
I'm good, I'm living in Hawaii now
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #27
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

thats good man . I talked to tom the other day for the first time in a year or so and he was telling me a little about him and he said you were stationed somewhere nice haha
Unread 01-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #28
sc_russ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hawaii was nice for like a month but now I'm over it. There isn't much wheeling out, well at least not my island. I was back home in a few weeks ago and it seems all the wheeling spots are being shut down. They craver mill in Spartanburg, got ran out Fruit Mountain when I was home, and Gulches is having finical problems. If go to fruit mountain, make sure you go on a dry day and stay out of the mud holes there deep. It seems like every time I go up there I get body damage.
Unread 01-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
NewtonGT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Hawaii was nice for like a month but now I'm over it. There isn't much wheeling out, well at least not my island. I was back home in a few weeks ago and it seems all the wheeling spots are being shut down. They craver mill in Spartanburg, got ran out Fruit Mountain when I was home, and Gulches is having finical problems. If go to fruit mountain, make sure you go on a dry day and stay out of the mud holes there deep. It seems like every time I go up there I get body damage.
haha damn man that sucks. Well im new to wheelin anyway. trying to put my 2.5 lift on my wj right now but rusty sent me the wrong bushings for the rear so its on hold. im going to modify it to make it work for the time being haha. but yea on feb 19 there is like a save the gulches day. you need to get back down here and show me how its done man
Unread 02-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #30
XJtudor
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
well i got my 2.5 lift installed. im just trying to find some places near greenville south carolina
I'm looking for someone to do some easy to intermediate trails with. My Cherokee is only mildly modified, and I've only been offroad about four times. It's hard to find someone with a comparable rig and skill level. I rode down to Gulches for the first time last Sunday, and I met some nice folks from Club 4x4 Upstate SC. Do you have recovery points on the front and back? Also, what tires are you using?
XJtudor is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.