Trails in Upstate - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Trails in Upstate

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 06-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldnt go wheelin on those trails between greer and duncan anymore. Ive heard people getting $500 trespassing tickets and possibly a trip to the county. Its just mud pits anyways. Post on here what time and day anyone will be going to Carver Mill or Archer Road. I get off work m-f a 530 and got saturdays and sundays off.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #17
Vakis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for the heads up on the Duncan trails being illegal, it used to be cool when I went, and I dont know if we are talking about the same place but the trails I used to go to in Duncan had lots of rocks, nasty hillclimbs, 2 rivers with lots more rocks to crawl, and enough decent trails to keep you busy for a while. There was one hill everyone kept calling Jeep Hill and my built wrangler on 35's couldnt make it, only saw one rock buggy pull it off one time and he almost ended upside down. anyway I am not looking to get any tickets or free stays in the county motel, so i dont ride anywhere thats posted. I rode down archer the other day and saw one small entrance on the left with small mud holes and lots of tree cover, but I was in a hurry and didnt turn in. I am thinking of riding carver mill again tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to join me.
Jason- sorry man I never make it down to Anderson, over an hour drive down 85 and I dont know of any trails down that way.
Vakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #18
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for the local upstate crew. Anybody wanna do some trails at Carver Mill this week?
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Man, I wish there was more down this way! You would think with the lake and all but I can't find anyone local that knows anything!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:50 PM   #20
Gulches Skip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Trespassing ?

I know this is going to sound like all I want is for folks to come to Gulches. But I do have a responsibility to new off roaders, not as a park owner but as a fellow off roader. If you do not have a dated letter from the owner of the property you are off roading on you are trespassing. If you are on someones property and you get hurt and have to go to a doctor or hospital they will sue the land owner. This happens whether or not you want them to. EMS will sue, the doctors will, ambulance and emergency room all will sue to get paid even if you have insurance. This is why I have everyone sign a waiver of liability. When I was looking for property I had a letter and a waiver signed by the Realtor who was the agent for that property. I know many off roaders say the owner doesn't mind us riding there when in fact that is based on a rumor. They are very certain what they say is true because they heard it from someone they trust. Just remember if I am right and you do not know for certain (a letter) that you are allowed on that property then YOU are giving this hobby a bad name. Please allow this to be a warning. Trespassing is the number one reason we have a bad name as a community of off roaders.
Gulches Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #21
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yup... Do yall allow alcohol after hours at the campsites, while not driving?
Unread 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
fsSnowboard
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulches Skip View Post
I know this is going to sound like all I want is for folks to come to Gulches. But I do have a responsibility to new off roaders, not as a park owner but as a fellow off roader. If you do not have a dated letter from the owner of the property you are off roading on you are trespassing. If you are on someones property and you get hurt and have to go to a doctor or hospital they will sue the land owner. This happens whether or not you want them to. EMS will sue, the doctors will, ambulance and emergency room all will sue to get paid even if you have insurance. This is why I have everyone sign a waiver of liability. When I was looking for property I had a letter and a waiver signed by the Realtor who was the agent for that property. I know many off roaders say the owner doesn't mind us riding there when in fact that is based on a rumor. They are very certain what they say is true because they heard it from someone they trust. Just remember if I am right and you do not know for certain (a letter) that you are allowed on that property then YOU are giving this hobby a bad name. Please allow this to be a warning. Trespassing is the number one reason we have a bad name as a community of off roaders.
thats why i've been hesitant visiting some of the other stuff and only gone to gulches cause its the only legal place i'm aware of thats close at the moment.
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
esac205
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Man, I wish there was more down this way! You would think with the lake and all but I can't find anyone local that knows anything!

-Jason
There are some places around here in Easley and in Pickens.
esac205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Bump for carver mill rd and archer road wheeling. Only live 10 min from both.
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
esac205
2001 WJ 

Anyone know of any other trails around here in the pickens county area?
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #26
wblackm
1985 CJ7 

Jocasee Gorges Offroad. Up near table rock off of sunset road I believe. I have never been there. Heard it is 500ish acres of pretty good terrain.

They have been working on getting it open, and seem to be very conscientious. However, I saw that they have been temporarily shut down I believe because of mud. And right after I got my CJ ready to go play a little.

It is legal-$20 per vehicle when they are open(only dry weekends so far.) You can find them on facebook. That is the only place so far that I have been able to find any consistent information.
wblackm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #27
esac205
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblackm View Post
Jocasee Gorges Offroad. Up near table rock off of sunset road I believe. I have never been there. Heard it is 500ish acres of pretty good terrain.

They have been working on getting it open, and seem to be very conscientious. However, I saw that they have been temporarily shut down I believe because of mud. And right after I got my CJ ready to go play a little.

It is legal-$20 per vehicle when they are open(only dry weekends so far.) You can find them on facebook. That is the only place so far that I have been able to find any consistent information.
Other wise known as horse pasture
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #28
wblackm
1985 CJ7 

esac, have you been there? I have not made it up there yet. Horse pasture was bascially slightly tougher than a gravel road.

This new place is a park, it is not at Gorges national park(ie along the horse pasture river.) Where the HP trails are, unless you are talking about a different horse pasture than I am familiar with.
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #29
wblackm
1985 CJ7 

Address 259 Sunset Community Rd. Pickens, SC
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
esac205
2001 WJ 

Oh, im not sure about that one. i havent been there. ill have to check it out. but i have been to the the old horse pasture, it wasnt too bad.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.