JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   South Carolina Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f331/)
-   -   Trails in Upstate (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f331/trails-upstate-1216901/)

97wranglerse 05-20-2011 02:47 PM

Trails in Upstate

Wondering if anyone knows of any trails to legally wheel on in the Greenville/Spartanburg area

fsSnowboard 05-20-2011 04:00 PM

I'm going to Gulches ORV Park tomorrow. Thats the only one I have been too. Another thread says there is some place in spartanburg, but legality is questionable.

JeepDrew_94 05-25-2011 07:28 AM

Carver Mills in Spartanburg near westgate mall. If you are not a member of a 4x4 club, Join Club 4x4 Upstate SC. They get together a good bit and ride. You can find them on facebook

Vakis 05-26-2011 07:15 AM

hey I am in Spartanburg, me and 2 other guys from cherokee forum are gonna go wheelin this weekend if you wanna join us, or anyone for that matter!
We are gonna go check out Lake Houser Off Road Park. Nothing too crazy from what I have seen from the pics of other jeepers that have been, but it should still be good times. We have 2 XJ's and a ZJ so far and all others are welcome, I think we are heading out Sunday, let me know if you want to ride and we'll iron out the details..:cheers2:

fsSnowboard 05-26-2011 01:59 PM

This lake Houser -> http://www.lakehouseradventures.com? Looks worth trying out sometime. I can't make it though

MountainMan864 05-26-2011 02:46 PM

Im in Spartanburg and love to go wheelin. Yall prob seen my jeep around town. Carver Mill is great and Archer Rd is fun too. Hit me up, Im down to go whenever. People hang out there at night too.

97wranglerse 05-26-2011 06:30 PM

Carver Mills. What's it like? I'm riding stock other than all terrains. Will I be good to go?

MountainMan864 05-27-2011 08:13 AM

Youll get hung up some/alot. Theres bypasses all around. You can do some but not all of the trails.

Vakis 05-27-2011 08:25 AM

hey mountain man, I live real close to carver mill and I have been going there for years, I love it, and yes we ride day and night.
But archer road, I dont think I am familiar, where is this?
Also wanna ride with us Sunday to Lake Houser Adventures, got 3 Jeeps going so far.

JeepDrew_94 05-27-2011 10:13 AM

If my Yj was finished id go. It was suppose to be done today but the engine shop is behind.

MountainMan864 05-27-2011 10:28 AM

Archer Rd, is off Isom Road, off Pine Street. Archer Road is the road Ikes Grill is on , near Garner Road. I got stuff to do this weekend but thanks. How far is it from Spartanburg?

Vakis 05-27-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 97wranglerse (Post 11609725)
Carver Mills. What's it like? I'm riding stock other than all terrains. Will I be good to go?

yeah there are alot of things there you will need to use the bypass on, but you can still have a ton of fun out there. There are alot of good challenges for your stock TJ. I was out at Carver Mill one time wiith a big group and one guy was down there ripping it up in a stock 97 XJ, I actually couldnt believe a few of the trails he made it up in that Cherokee, and it had street tires, but he did beat the hell out of it but he proved himself.
Back in the day when I had a 2000 TJ, 2" coil spacers and 31" mud tires, removed fenders and thats all, I followed alot of big well built rigs, it was almost more fun to see how far I could take the stock Jeep, and it surprised everyone.
Its cool to be the underdog, take your stock TJ out there and learn how to wheel it the best you can, learn the weak points of your vehicle, then you will see what you need to upgrade as you go. I think Lake houser is pretty mild, lots of good stuff for stock and mild Jeeps to have fun.
I no longer have my TJ and I am taking my DD 98 XJ, RE5.5", 32" MT's, jks disco's and thats pretty much it so far, so I wont be doing anything too wild, your welcome to ride with us sunday!
:cheers2:

Vakis 05-27-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan864 (Post 11612960)
Archer Rd, is off Isom Road, off Pine Street. Archer Road is the road Ikes Grill is on , near Garner Road. I got stuff to do this weekend but thanks. How far is it from Spartanburg?

oh wow I didn't know anything was down that road, I drive by Ikes everyday! cool deal.
Lake Houser is (I think) only about 30 minutes away from us in Spartanburg, I have never been there before, so I'll let you know for sure after this weekend, you can check out LakeHouserAdventures.com and check it out also.
Maybe next weekend at carver mill we'll get a few guys together.
I'll check out Archer also this weekend.
Oh yeah do you know anything about the duncan trails? right in between Duncan and Greer.
I used to go out there all the time with my TJ but that was over a year ago, there was always people out there wheeling, met alot of cool people out there. There are alot of trails, enough to play all day I think, rocks, mud rivers a good balance. Anyway I tried to go last month in my XJ and it was gated, then a buddy of mine went a few days later and said it was open and people were there. Anyone know anything about this? when I used to go the last few years it never had a gate. is it legal?

Vakis 05-27-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsSnowboard (Post 11608384)
This lake Houser -> http://www.lakehouseradventures.com? Looks worth trying out sometime. I can't make it though

thats the one!

KrawlOff-Road 06-02-2011 02:26 PM

What about anything further south? Like the Anderson area? We don't get past Greenville much unless it is up 25.

-Jason

The time now is 03:35 AM.