Taylors, SC Mechanic? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Taylors, SC Mechanic?

Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
DHewes

Taylors, SC Mechanic?

I'm in Taylors (between Greenville and Greer) with a 1999 bone stock Wrangler Sahara making some funky poppin'/clickin' noises from the back. I am assuming wheel/axle bearings, but what do I know? I dont have the tools to tackle this myself and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a mechanic in the area? Tough part is this is my daily driver and I need to get it fixed before Monday. Would greatly appreciate any names/numbers.

Thanks!

DHewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
DallastheJeeper
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Check the front U joints they can cause a lot of noise.
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
DHewes

THe noise sounds to be coming from the rear - went from nothing to very frequent in 48 hours (which included about 10 miles on city streets - nothing else). Current problem is lack of tools here and a need to have this repairs before Monday (so I can get to work). Figured I would see if there were any Jeep specific folks in the area before going to a general mechanic. Thanks.
DHewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

You could always try foothills 4x4 in Cherrydale off Poinsett close the animal shelter

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
biggoofy
1996 ZJ 

if i was closer i would come over and fix it for ya i have all the tools you could ever need for the most part anyone close enough to help this guy out?

96 ZJ HP44 / 9"
90 XJ on 33s
RIP Troy aka BigBlueZJ94

FroBot Fab FTW

[URL="http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?22776-Biggoofy-s-96-ZJ-build!-**Building-axles**"]My Build[/URL]

Need quality parts call Andy at Ironman4x4fab!!!!!
[url]http://ironman4x4fab.com/index.html[/url]
[/CENTER]
biggoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.