Lost the local wheeling spot-Need a new one! -Myrtle Beach SC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Lost the local wheeling spot-Need a new one! -Myrtle Beach SC

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Lost the local wheeling spot-Need a new one! -Myrtle Beach SC

Hey guys, Need some local help! I have just found out (the hard way) that all of my local wheeling spots have been shut down. International drive, Sand pits, etc are all off limits according to HCPD and DNR, so....I need somewhere new to go! Anyone know of anything?

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
merril24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Same problem

Im having the same problem. I just got my jeep about a month ago, and then have found out all the places my friends told me to go to are off limits. If you find somewhere around here to go, let me know.
merril24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Will do! Keep me in mind if you find anything too.

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
merril24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

International Drive open

Hey, I went over to International Drive this weekend. I dont think its off limits or anything, and its definetly not gonna be soon. The gate was open and a few people were back there. Also, they put in a few new signs, which leads me to believe it will be open.
merril24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Timmy.o.tool
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merril24 View Post
Hey, I went over to International Drive this weekend. I dont think its off limits or anything, and its definetly not gonna be soon. The gate was open and a few people were back there. Also, they put in a few new signs, which leads me to believe it will be open.
The area called the sand pits or where dredging dump is off limits now... HCPD has been siting people for going back there but international drive is open... it is a county road, however I would suggest that you stay to the road part as alot of that land back there is wildlife preserve and management area's and the fines could be pretty hefty. I've driven international a few times... when it's raining it can be a little fun but it is otherwise just a sandy road... well at least for a little bit longer it is going to get paved in the next few years to allow for more development.

ttyl

-tim

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.