Gulches vs Callantee (sp?) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South East USA > South Carolina Jeep Forum > Gulches vs Callantee (sp?)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Gulches vs Callantee (sp?)

I'm in Mooresville, NC. Gulches is about 3 hours from me and Mountain City is a little more than 2 hours.

Eventually, I'll get to both these places, but which should I visit first? Why?

Whicj has better/more trails?

Is one better for camping?

Costs?

Is one more crowded than the other?

GotLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've been looking hard at Calallantee. I've been thinking maybe this weekend is a good weekend to go check it out. Any takers?
Unread 06-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
CJ8Extreme
1983 CJ7 

I've been wondering which would be the better choice to goto as well. To short of notice for me to make it up there this weekend though.
CJ8Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i hear mountian city way is harder.
burger3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Diehard

2004 WJ 

There are some people, from GATR, planning to ride at Gulches on the 26th and the 27th.
I, so far, am planning on going also. Never been so I can't answer.
I'll let you know how it was if we go.
2004 GC Spec. Edit. V8 4x4 Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic Clear Coat, 4" lift, RE shocks, adj. JKS CAs all around, 265/75/16, 10 ply., Maxxis Bighorns, ProtoFab winch bumper, Vortex 10,000 lb. winch, dual OME steering stabilizer, Rockyroad rockrails, skids, JKS Discos. Addco front & rear sway bar, & Aussie locker. Next year? : Rear bumper with tire carrier.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:46 AM   #6
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't been to Mountain City yet, but will later this summer. I have just recently been to The Gulches and it was awesome! It is setup perfectly for your jeep! All of the trails are very easy to find and follow. Most trails are only 100 yards long or so, but are usually very technical.

My brother-in-law and I went- he's in an XJ on 33"s and I'm in a TJ on 37"s and we both found plenty of challenging obstacles and trails. There are buggy lines on several of trails as well. Pretty much everything has a bypass, so if you get in a bad spot, just back up and go around.

Can't wait to go back!

Several shots:

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
sanchagrins
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The guys in my club are talking about heading to Mt. City at the end of the summer. They normally go once a year, and they mentioned that there is something for everybody, from the easy, to the darn near impossible (i.e the trail "pull cable")
sanchagrins is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.